• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently, Robert McNamara had his suit trousers made with no pockets. Then again he likely had someone around to carry his stuff.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I rarely carry anything in my pants pockets.

Stiva

Reaction score
DC, about the best I've seen you look. The bit of taper (I think) in the pants is flattering. Any tightness in the pants I attribute to hands in pocket. Rise is correct with no jacket. Fabrics complement each other - although I think an oxford button-down shirt in the same shade may have been better. Colours are classic. The roll up on the sleeves is just right. Belt works. The hat and profile is great. Crown size is perfect for the head. Louche in a good "Tailor of Panama" way. Summer suits you dressed like this. Excellent job.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with what is said above! Wish I would rock a Panama with such style!

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mrjester do you mind sharing the luxire pant fabric and are you happy with it?

I have no problem with flops...wear them all the time in casual setting. My only comment would be that cuffed pants seem a bit out of place with the rest of your outfit.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mrjester do you mind sharing the luxire pant fabric and are you happy with it?

I have no problem with flops...wear them all the time in casual setting. My only comment would be that cuffed pants seem a bit out of place with the rest of your outfit.
Look at the most recent posts of mine in their thread. Questions answered there.. but for the lazy:

Off-white Linen by Luxire (their own fabric), and ridiculosuly comfortable. Like I can't even describe it. Linen is usually a bit coarse, which I deal with due to the heat. But this... It feels a bit softer than a raw silk tie. Matty and soft.

Edit to add: I know the cuffs are off. I meant for these to be worn with suedes, tucked in shirt, linen SC, etc. Fortunately, they're so comfortable, I wear them everywhere but to bed, in any outfit I can work them in to while they're clean. It's 110f here and these babies work great.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working from home today, so it's Casual Friday.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upr, that calls for gym shorts or sweatpants, get with the program!

Apparently, Robert McNamara had his suit trousers made with no pockets. Then again he likely had someone around to carry his stuff. 

Doesn't have any convincing effect for me - McNamara is probably one of the last people I'd ever look up to.

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't generally post into this thread, but since I've been really casual with the warm weather for the past week or so, I figured I might as well collate a few fits and post 'em up:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads