• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty "old mannish." Your bottom half looks like a nurse. Something brighter and/or more contrast would reduce the Mr Rogers vibe. If that's what you were going for, ok. (But maybe unwise.) Possible fixes: Maybe white shirt, or striped shirt Brighter or darker tie Kill the white pants white shoes (Darker blue pants would look better, brown shoes would look better)

Last edited:

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score

PRL x Corneliani
Brooks Brothers
Gallieni PS
M&S Jeans
Pantherella
PRL x C&J

My monitor may be off, but does the SC have a tint of peach to it or is it straight up beige?

A very nice combo regardless.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
aside from the white shoes, i like it.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both outfits look good. I don't think the pants are too tight or the jacket is to short. They for sure don't make u look fat. CD will u please cross post ur SWD fits here. This thread needs it.

Thanks, man. My SWD fits need a lot of work, but per your request:

Have fun putting anything at all in those front pockets...

Thanks for the well wishes!

From a few days ago:

EG/Kamakura/Luxire/Alden

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very nice.

also, i never store anything in my pants pockets. jacket and coat pockets only, or if needed, in my filson.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

very nice.

also, i never store anything in my pants pockets. jacket and coat pockets only, or if needed, in my filson.

So if you go out in just a polo shirt (or whatever) and pants, you have to take your filson with you to carry your stuff like a purse?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
perhaps i should have clarified, i dont carry anything in the pockets of dress pants. when i wear more casual pants, like chinos, and i am not wearing a coat of any kind, --- begin edit --- and i am not going to work, so i dont have my filson, --- end edit --- i will use the pants pockets. i can handle it because most of my khakis are cut looser than my dress pants, partially for this reason. i never wear polo shirts though.

question, why must you almost always include a dig/snide remark in your posts. like the last part of the one above. i really is less engaging and a put off.

Last edited:

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I always do (oh you said almost). But your point is taken. The reason, in this case, is that I am highly skeptical of the super-duper tight pants trend. I think people think fitted looks good, and then they think more fitted is more good, and then they're effectively wearing yoga pants, and I think it looks ridiculous (and is impractical). So my commentary on this issue has indeed had a dissuasive vibe to it. I'm trying to change the world here.

I know it's not making me any friends, but skeptics like me help keep the pendulum from swinging too far.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, with the exception of a very specific body type and a very specific swag, i agree that the super duper pants brigade aught to be stopped.

i would not say that i wear super duper tight pants, but all the same, i do not like the line created by storing things in pants pockets, and as a wide hipped person as it is, adding bulk to my thigh area by putting things in my pockets is both uncomfortable and unsightly.

i can appreciate what you are trying to accomplish, and i think it is important that the forum have a range of opinions, and not a community of mindless back-patters, but i think you could easily find a way to convey that with a slightly less negative tone, and for me, it would create a much more inviting vibe towards discussion and debate, as well as keeping said debates from getting side tracked with pissing matches.

just my thoughts.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:crazy:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads