• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN (cheallenge) question

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been peeking at the WAYWRN thread, especially the challenge days. I would like to particpate, but do you guys who post regularly really ...

Choose outfit
Get dressed
Check mirror
Choose better outfit
Check mirror
Find camera
Get wife/g.f./b.f./s.o./kid/mom to take pics
Check pics
Get wife/g.f./b.f./s.o./kid/mom to take better pics
Boot up computer
Download pics to proxy site
Make any photoshop adjustments
Upload pics from proxy site to this site
Add any captions, details and comment on other pics

... every day before going to work? I have to admire that kind of dedication on a daily basis but is there any way to trim down this process so I can do it on the run before work?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I detect the faint whiff of nom de plume here...
smile.gif
... but just to give a serious answer for a moment: it takes a maximum of 5 minutes (probably less) in the morning to take a few pictures with a camera on self-time. It then takes a maximum of another 5 minutes in the evening to upload them to my computer, edit them quickly in Photoscape, then upload to imageshack using their free plug-in and then post them in the thread. 10 minutes out of a day isn't much, I don't think.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Don't discount the ready convenience of mens washroom security cameras.

I still await the man who will pioneer ATM withdrawal snaps for WAYWRN.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It wasn't long ago that several members were regularly taking phone pix of themselves while driving to work. I'm glad that's no longer popular.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
Thanks, clearly you have more savoire faire than I do on these matters, I don't think I could be nearly as time efficient as you are.

No, I just have low photography standards, don't carry a camera with me to do outdoor/lifestyle shots, and am a really bad image editor.
laugh.gif

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera
Don't discount the ready convenience of mens washroom security cameras.

I still await the man who will pioneer ATM withdrawal snaps for WAYWRN.

I was considering using the security camera in the bar at work?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If its a serious question - The process is pretty much the same, but photos are on my iPhone4, uploaded to photobucket while warming the car up, and posted at random red lights on the way to work.
smile.gif

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Work with my Mrs. She takes my pics in the AM when we get to work, I upload them when we get home, then post...don't do any editing/photoshop

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics