• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN Challenges You Would Like To See

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure most all of us enjoy the 'What Are You Wearing Right Now (WAYWRN) thread, and also the Friday challenges. I would like to see the following challenges:
  • Turtleneck Day
  • Suspenders / Braces Day
  • Pants Tucked In Boots Day (no galoshes allowed)
  • I Screwed Up Bigtime Day (Deliberate mis-matching done well, if that's possible)
  • Screaming Pink Day (This ain't Miyama)
  • Dress Like TIBOR Day (this MUST be done soon please)
  • I'm Wearing Less Than $500 (Retail) On My Body Day (Thrift finds NOT allowed)
  • I'm Wearing Less Than $100 On My Body Day (Thrift finds ARE allowed)
  • Used Car Salesman Day (anyhing goes but please do tacky well)
  • Ordinary Forgettable Guy Day (your outfit must be as non-descript as possible but not monochrome)
What challenges would you like to see done? Please share..

ecclespeccles

Reaction score
would love to see a flannel challenge, or a price of wales challenge YEAH BOi!

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ecclespeccles
would love to see a flannel challenge, or a price of wales challenge YEAH BOi!

Flannel ,Single breasted peak lapel ,3 piece ,pinstripes and chalk stripes,double-breasted,linen ,tweed and sportcoats will be great...

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does one do tacky well?

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see the challenges moved to Thursday.
peepwall[1].gif

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Some of Man of Lint's ideas are good, but some might be a bit gimmicky (like "Dress like Tibor" day). I for one, would like to see a: Black Tie Challenge Unfortunately, it might not work as well as a WAYWRN post because it is not everyday dress, (I thought NYE might have been a logical time to have it), but perhaps people can show what they have worn (not necessarily that day/eve) on a particular Friday.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Flannel ,Single breasted peak lapel ,3 piece ,pinstripes and chalk stripes,double-breasted,linen ,tweed and sportcoats will be great...

Many of these have been done...but I am not opposed to doing them again.

Mike

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How 'bout best item purchased from a spammer day?

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Non-SF approved day!"

Make an outfit out of non-approved pieces that comes together as a whole and manages to look good.

Something like non-cuffed trou + sockless + wingtips with a polo! LOL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads