• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN Challenges You Would Like To See

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black-suit challenge, wearing only one brand of one's own choosing (a la Kiton v. Ralph Lauren, hell, Kitonbrioni might attend), bow-tie challenge, sweater-and-odd coat challenge.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
I'd like to see the challenges moved to Thursday.
peepwall[1].gif

Just wear the challenge on thursday and post on Friday.
biggrin.gif

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dickie Day!

media_httpfarm4static_dFAit.jpg.scaled500.jpg

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I did the "I Screwed up big time" yesterday
lol8[1].gif

I do the last one every day.

Originally Posted by Philip1978
Just wear the challenge on thursday and post on Friday.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, why not make Friday the posting day, but give people a week? (Like the MC/SW&D challenge, iirc.) I really don't care if it's worn on Friday, or a few days before.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a "denim" day? (Might be too close to the "Menswear does SW&D")

gyalos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
"Non-SF approved day!"

Make an outfit out of non-approved pieces that comes together as a whole and manages to look good.

Something like non-cuffed trou + sockless + wingtips with a polo! LOL

Originally Posted by blahman
Killing off SF 1
ffffuuuu.gif
at a time.

Lets start with
- black shirt
- silver tie
- both buttons done up
- navy jacket and charcoal pinstripe trousers from separate suits.
- Dirty mirror

Attachment 57448

Attachment 57449

Attachment 57450

Attachment 57451

oh and troll.

Mblova

Reaction score
"Alpha as ****" day.
Double Breasted day(wear a DB suit)

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
An Overcoat Challenge would be good.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I prefer challenges that test skill, or force posters to stretch themselves, to the challenges that come down to who bought the best item.

Elbow Patch Coat Challenge?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree with Doc here - It should not really be about who has the "best" something -

I was speaking to another member this morning about the challenges, and a good point was raised - (Doc, were you talking to the same you-know-who today?)

What do you want to gain from these challenges? I started these on a whim, something to liven up the thread a bit, but it spawned into something a bit more complex - and now that they have really grown in size and attention, I think that going forward the challenges should be really viewed as a learning tool.

I for one, thought the SW&D contest was one of the very best, as it forced people to reach outside their comfort zones and explore some new territory. A black challenge would be awesome, absolutely.

Although, whoever suggested the "Alpha as ****" challenge - that might be considered.
lol8[1].gif

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker

What do you want to gain from these challenges? I started these on a whim, something to liven up the thread a bit, but it spawned into something a bit more complex - and now that they have really grown in size and attention, I think that going forward the challenges should be really viewed as a learning tool.

Originally Posted by JPHardy
+1

I originally took the challenge as a possible way to improve the forum. While my plaid win was ill-conceived, I used it to try and to move the contest in the right direction.

I picked "security guard", thinking people should learn the basics before moving on to more adventurous pattern mixing contest.

In selecting a winner, I thought people would pick the person that best interpreted the gray slack, blue blazer look. Picking someone you would want to dress like. Not actually who looked Most like a security guard.

There have been a bunch of disasters after that, mixed with a few good things.

I think in the future, winners could maybe pick contest that would help noobs dress better, not worse.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics