1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWN - The best of

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by itsstillmatt, Jan 7, 2009.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Yes, Il Vecchio. Infrequent poster, but these photos are indeed from the WAYWN thread.

thanks. fantastic. I remember seeing the pictures when posted, but I couldn't attach a name to them.

2. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Y'all forgetting one.

3. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

There are some very snazzy dressers around here. Il Vecchio's few pictures are just perfect. All of his stuff is beautifully patina'ed and worn-in. It makes me realize how new most of my things look - I don't wear my suits enough.

4. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Let's take a useful tangent for a moment from the topic of this thread.

Those of you who love Il Vecchio...and you should...are loving the A&S cut. Brian Russell made for him both at A&S and afterwards...(I would have added Mr. Russell to my A&S Expats thread, but alas, he is dead.) Brian made for IL at A&S through the 80s, and continued to make for him after he left A&S.

IL is a great example of how the soft A&S tailoring style works. Some more choice photos, not from SF's WAYWRN, but worth admiration:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Superb, is it not?

- B

5. barims

barims Senior member

Il Vecchio is insanely stylish. Some of his tastes and flair remind me of a relative of mine who has an utterly impeccable and subtly diverse wardrobe, gets his stuff tailored "off Savile Row" and has the most sartorial grace of anyone I know. I'd also venture that they're around the same age

6. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

April:

[​IMG]

What an atrocious jacket. Whoever sold him that must have seen him coming a mile away.

7. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

[​IMG]

The squared quarters on this reminds me of Kilgour's recent offerings...

8. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Am I the only one who thinks that il vecchio looks like Manton circa 2027 ?

9. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Am I the only one who thinks that il vecchio looks like Manton circa 2027 ?
    If Manton grows his hair out like a hippy, I will eat my hat. [​IMG]

10. il vecchio

il vecchio Senior member

Well! I've certainly enjoyed my 15 minutes of fame. Many thanks for the very,very kind comments.
    I don't post very often because I always fear that pictures and views of an old coot just shy of 70
    aren't of much interest, but I hope that at least others will feel encouraged that they can still enjoy clothes and style in to older age.

11. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Il Vecchio,
    Please post more, you add so much to this community.
    Your looks are an inspiration!

12. globetrotter

Well! I've certainly enjoyed my 15 minutes of fame. Many thanks for the very,very kind comments.
    I don't post very often because I always fear that pictures and views of an old coot just shy of 70
    aren't of much interest, but I hope that at least others will feel encouraged that they can still enjoy clothes and style in to older age.

please do post more, you really are an inspiration

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I want to grow up to be an old coot. [​IMG]

14. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I want to grow up to be an old coot. [​IMG]
    I'm already spending a lot of time trying to dress like an old coot. [​IMG] Seriously, il, your stuff is fantastic, and I hope you'll post more often. I would never have guessed you were near 70. As a tangent, I might suggest that older men have a natural style edge over young guys.

15. globetrotter

I'm already spending a lot of time trying to dress like an old coot. [​IMG]

my wife is always complaining that I dress like "an old man"

such is life

16. Soph

Soph Senior member

April:
    [​IMG]

Put this with suede chukkas and I'm down with this cool style.

17. upstate

upstate Member

18. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

[​IMG]

you look as if you are in your 50s...

19. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

Let's take a useful tangent for a moment from the topic of this thread. Those of you who love Il Vecchio...and you should...are loving the A&S cut. Brian Russell made for him both at A&S and afterwards...(I would have added Mr. Russell to my A&S Expats thread, but alas, he is dead.) Brian made for IL at A&S through the 80s, and continued to make for him after he left A&S. IL is a great example of how the soft A&S tailoring style works. Some more choice photos, not from SF's WAYWRN, but worth admiration: Superb, is it not? - B
    So what's the difference between that A&S cut and Rubinacci cut where both supposely have a drape silhouette? i.e., what made his look work vs other failing bespoke examples?

20. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

So what's the difference between that A&S cut and Rubinacci cut where both supposely have a drape silhouette?

i.e., what made his look work vs other failing bespoke examples?

Don't hate on da drape