1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYW2A - What Are You Wearing 2 Years Ago

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Listi, Apr 15, 2010.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

Head to toe Banana Republic! (no photo evidence)

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Another gem--4/14/2008

[​IMG]

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Can't tell if you're a narc or a swinging hep cat

4. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Just a few months before I found styleforum.

About to kick some ass, kung-fu style...
    [​IMG]

Don't ask why, but I had a thing for New Era's.
    [​IMG]

To be honest, it hasn't changed too much. Just better denim, use of a V-neck, dark socks, and less New Era.

5. mgoose

mgoose Senior member

This is me two years ago, May of 08, unfortunately I haven't evolved much from this:

[​IMG]
    It's mostly Diesel, which I still wear.

Although for something really horrible, here's my first ever WAYWT post from my honestforum member days. . . . I know you guys will love the TR jeans and white sneakers with them:
    [​IMG]

6. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

7. Listi

Listi Senior member

Berlin still looks like a badass, too predictable. Although the SF stereotype kind of rings true, most of us came here to "learn" how to dress, as opposed to being stylish mofos who wanted to discuss high level fashion.

mgoose lmao at that TR picture holy shit

8. Ibrock

Ibrock Senior member

3 years (pre weight loss) skate brand sweater, no-name baggy carrot fit jeans, sketchers

[​IMG]

2.5 years (mid weight loss) gap, pacsun, adidas

[​IMG]

2 years (post weight loss) boxy no-name tee, thin finns, cons (not on)

[​IMG]

After I lost weight I did my first overhaul and with the help of mynudies I got some thin finns and started wearing plain tees, hoodies, jeans and chucks everyday. I plateaued style-wise for a year because I wore a uniform to school and lived in stupid hot country with weather that forced me into shorts and flip flops everyday. Shortly after I got to college I found SF and I've been stepping it up ever since...

9. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same venue. Same boring style. More expensive jawnz. [​IMG]

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Berlin still looks like a badass, too predictable. Although the SF stereotype kind of rings true, most of us came here to "learn" how to dress, as opposed to being stylish mofos who wanted to discuss high level fashion. mgoose lmao at that TR picture holy shit
    also, a lot of people were relatively young 16-24 when they joined SF. That is generally the period where people start to develop that kinda hobby/interest. Bit different for guys like Berlin (who owns a clothing store so it makes more sense) and Fumma, or LA Guy. Usually young people high school age like to dress like their friends and then in college and after graduating like to grow a bit more on their own. Not to mention that with the growth of the internet and fashion on the internet, people are able to see a lot more than they were able to previously. If you didn't live in a big city before, you were in rough shape with what you could even see let alone buy (the online store landscape was bleak at best). None of these results should be surprising. I could probably pick through the users who dressed well 4 years ago and those who didn't or who just dressed ok but boring and occasionally lame. Not a big deal and i think it a bit foolish to suspect purely SF as the culprit

11. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Why can't I find the old waywt thread? Someone link me...

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

What are you wearing 8 years ago: 2002 (I think, give or take 6 months) in Japan, I was a wee AzN thug in pseudo-MC at the time. Everything at least 2 sizes too big: [​IMG] AzN haircut Burberry mac RLPL shirt Ferragamo belt (? I think) old J Crew trousers from like the year 2000 Bruno Magli apron front laceups late 2009: [​IMG] MMM RO DH MMM Julius bag

13. the shah

the shah Senior member

damn...with some pant alterations and without undershirt i think the 1st one was better [​IMG] everybody gonna hate on now

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I have another picture from in between there, like 2004 or 2005, in the same location, and you really don't want to see what happened. It involved J. Crew, Paul Smith, and Prada, and while I know people on here like the sound of that, trust that it was not good.

15. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

damn...with some pant alterations and without undershirt i think the 1st one was better [​IMG]

everybody gonna hate on now

How the hell can you tell, man? I can barely see him in the 2nd pic.

16. dibadiba

dibadiba Senior member

I think I'm somewhere at the top of the list for biggest wayw5a fail. ~2005 [​IMG]

17. the shah

the shah Senior member

How the hell can you tell, man? I can barely see him in the 2nd pic.

just going by the two pics he's posted--not really a fair assessment but it's all i have to go by

18. Wu Dynasty

Wu Dynasty Senior member

[​IMG] Shoveling snow at Big Bear; 2 years ago and 50 pounds heavier. Supreme Penfield Warehouse Visvim

19. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

What are you wearing 8 years ago:

2002 (I think, give or take 6 months) in Japan, I was a wee AzN thug in pseudo-MC at the time. Everything at least 2 sizes too big:
    [​IMG]
    AzN haircut
    Burberry mac
    RLPL shirt
    Ferragamo belt (? I think)
    old J Crew trousers from like the year 2000
    Bruno Magli apron front laceups

late 2009:
    [​IMG]
    MMM
    RO
    DH
    MMM
    Julius bag

wow thats asian

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

What are you wearing 8 years ago:

2002 (I think, give or take 6 months) in Japan, I was a wee AzN thug in pseudo-MC at the time. Everything at least 2 sizes too big:
    [​IMG]
    AzN haircut
    Burberry mac
    RLPL shirt
    Ferragamo belt (? I think)
    old J Crew trousers from like the year 2000
    Bruno Magli apron front laceups

Looks like you are going to audition for a remake of In the Mood for Love. Very Salaryman of you.