• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYW So far in 2014

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This forum has an established history of curated threads that sift through the chaff to get down to the wheat. On one hand, this exercise helps to narrow down the core of what the forum aesthetic may be at any given time. On the other hand, it serves as an actual expression of the aesthetic sensibilities held by the person doing the curating. However, while those may have collected the best of from years past, doing so has become problematic. There are over 27000 pictures posted to WAYWRN since photos began being hosted by SF. There are certainly more which are not hosted. Because of this, wandering back through a year can become quite difficult.

At the same time, the year is approaching a quarter done. I' personally prefer looking forward rather than backward so rather than try this exercise on for 2013, I've gone and done it for the beginning of 2014. Since Jan 1, 2014 there have been over 2000 photos posted to WAYWRN, so there was still plenty to choose from. Taking into account that I'm the one making the list and the things I wanted to care about, I've narrowed it down to 16. Only one poster shows up twice and I'm pretty sure my choices will not be universal. I found the exercise enlightening though and encourage others to go back through and do the same. Certainly there are duds and failures. However, I challenge the notion that nothing good can come out of the current crop of posters.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Funny story: the pocket square in stitches is wearing is the exact same one I'm wearing in the next picture. Not just the same design, but that particular square. He had forgotten he had agreed to proxy it for me, so when it arrived from NWMA, he figured it was a gift from them and wore it.

That also happens to be my favorite fit of Stitchy's in 2014.

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Astonished to have made the cut (even though I did quite like that fit). Thanks!

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're welcome, though the thread was not meant as a way of retroactively giving thumbs. Yours was included because of the naturalness to it. While I would have preferred a cream shirt, everything fits together well. There's a variation in texture and weight. Most importantly though you look like wearing your own clothes. You look comfortable, relaxed, and prepared for the day. In that photo you are not replacable - I could not stick Sitches or Clag in there and have things remain as relaxed. There is something very personal to it and since it is also well put together, this would seem to be a mark of something "stylish."

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How can Coxsackie be relaxed if you be sticking random guys into him?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Funny story: the pocket square in stitches is wearing is the exact same one I'm wearing in the next picture. Not just the same design, but that particular square. He had forgotten he had agreed to proxy it for me, so when it arrived from NWMA, he figured it was a gift from them and wore it.
That also happens to be my favorite fit of Stitchy's in 2014.

lol that was a funny story. i should have just paypaled you and kept the damn square.

---

cool thread, ****.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That was me, thanks. But hardly my best work. It came during a week of living out of a suitcase in sub-zero temps.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am flattered, ****, that you've included me in your rogue's gallery of honor. My style is idiosyncratic and a bit eccentric - I am always a bit surprised when it is well received.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was me, thanks. But hardly my best work. It came during a week of living out of a suitcase in sub-zero temps.

it's been a bitterly cold winter for me too! and was drawn to your fit because it looked warm, and comfortable. also well thought out.
your fit while not a peak in your eyes, it would be very well recieved in my neighbourhood. (though we all wear big Boots and jeans to deal with 3ft of snow.....)
meh, each to their own. i liked it. welcome to the nicer 38R
lol8[1].gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads