• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wayman Bespoke Appreciation Thread

Psyko

Reaction score
@vriche Very nice review of your pair from Wayman bespoke.

How would you say the construction quality and finishing is compared to your Yeossal's (and Oct. Tenth if you have any)?

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@vriche Very nice review of your pair from Wayman bespoke.

How would you say the construction quality and finishing is compared to your Yeossal's (and Oct. Tenth if you have any)?
Thanks, fam! I have all 3 and I’d say that the finishes are a couple notches above Y and OT. I definitely noticed it in the welt area, it’s much cleaner.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't watch the video yet (at work)

but just looking at the cover photo of the video, the side looks unclean, is it right?

Just look at the welt line from heel cup all the way to toe, looks winding.

Edited: Clearly I missed your response when I typed this.

I had a pair from Xibao before, made to the top quality according to them, also have this issue, and uneven heel cup as well.

shoesforever

Reaction score
680-740 EUR( I live outside of EU(Norway)

"All prices shown contain the statutory 19% VAT for customers based in the EU as well as all other price components. For customers outside of the EU, prices are shown without VAT."

Wayman's lookbook gallery, including VR's shoes:

ant922599

Reaction score
what's Wayman pricing again?
Just been having a play around - genuinely interested in giving it a go.

Costs seem to be c.€900 - €1,200 ish depending on exact spec and additions.

ant922599

Reaction score
Incl VAT if relevant (he's based in Germany, I think - so EU pricing above)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so 900/1.2=750 euro which is ~880 USD? That's ~200 USD more than OctTenth/Yeossal, seems like worthy experiment.

Psyko

Reaction score
@shoesforever As a fellow Norwegian I have
to say the Norwegian VAT and handling fees (especially from the likes of DHL and FedEx) are crazy. Sometimes up to 40% of the total price.

Last edited:

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so 900/1.2=750 euro which is ~880 USD? That's ~200 USD more than OctTenth/Yeossal, seems like worthy experiment.
I think they’re 680 euro outside EU - 740 for boots. But then you have to do a fitting shoe for your first commission which is 115 euro. Then the add ons - brass nail initials at 12 euro each, topy is 30 or toe plate is 55, hinged trees at 90. Basically it’s 1,000-1,200

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed my first order. I will be sure to post more as I continue through the process.

wayman.JPG

Oyhc

Reaction score
@shoesforever As a fellow Norwegian I have
to say the Norwegian VAT and handling fees (especially from the likes of DHL and FedEx) are crazy. Sometimes up to 40% of the total price.
Hi! Very curious if any of you had the chance the order from him and know what the VAT+ custom duties are in the end? I guess compared to the 19% that you would pay in EU, in Norway is 6% more and then perhaps 30-40 € of fees. So, combined it could be around 80€ pricier?

I know that Skolyx in Sweden can arrange to include their local VAT once you place an order and avoid all these extra charges when they come through imports.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads