• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYDAWT (What are you doing at work today)

Brian SD

Reaction score
So basically my job is to work for ten bucks an hour sitting in a freezing cold garage (I have to run my hands under hot water every 10-15 minutes so I can continue using them) designing t-shirts for people who own basketball organizations and have no idea what they want. Oh, and I clean off silkscreens and print shirts, too.

Today I did two designs for a shirt for a guy who said, "All your designs are bland, make something Hawaiian for me."

sgvinv01webio3.jpg

sgvinv02webig6.jpg

Here's hoping he's satisfied. I'm thinking I might subtly write "EAT A DICK" somewhere in the distressing in one of these shirts.

So let's see/hear about everyone else's ****** jobs.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I'm thinking I might subtly write "EAT A DICK" somewhere in the distressing in one of these shirts.
DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
emot-woot.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
If your avatar is a reflection of your profession, I am incredibly jealous.

lost in va

Reaction score
Well after I broke the tip of my finger in 3 pieces (see: manly SW&D thread for kick ass pics) I was put on "light duty."

My regular job is setting up jacuzzi hot tubs and olhausen pool tables but because of my finger I've been working on a new parts room for our warehouse. I was given a budget and told the rest was all up to me. I was given 4 weeks to do it and I'm in week 2 now with maybe 3-4 days worth of work left.

Don't ask me why but today I took a picture of it:

1218070929.jpg

I'm very anal about organization and things like that so coming to work and doing this actually makes me happy.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lost in va
Well after I broke the tip of my finger in 3 pieces (see: manly SW&D thread for kick ass pics) I was put on "light duty."

My regular job is setting up jacuzzi hot tubs and olhausen pool tables but because of my finger I've been working on a new parts room for our warehouse. I was given a budget and told the rest was all up to me. I was given 4 weeks to do it and I'm in week 2 now with maybe 3-4 days worth of work left.

Don't ask me why but today I took a picture of it:

1218070929.jpg

I'm very anal about organization and things like that so coming to work and doing this actually makes me happy.

Wow, are you a woman? That is *way* too organized.
lol8[1].gif

I've had an occupational hazard myself, actually. I was cutting the white margins off of an oversized poster, and while holding the ruler with the left hand, my finger hung over the edge slightly and I chopped off the corner of my left index finger with an exacto knife. It was such a clean cut, it took a few seconds before it even started bleeding. Man you should have seen the mess that thing was when I made it to the doctor's. Sticking it in a cup of peroxide was not fun.

ms244

Reaction score
I work in a college lab synthesizing fantastic new materials.

I hope they don't have long term health side effects.
marchal.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your avatar is a reflection of your profession, I am incredibly jealous.

It ain't that hard, if you've got a 10" trouser snake.

lost in va

Reaction score
Wow, are you a woman? That is *way* too organized.
lol8[1].gif

I've had an occupational hazard myself, actually. I was cutting the white margins off of an oversized poster, and while holding the ruler with the left hand, my finger hung over the edge slightly and I chopped off the corner of my left index finger with an exacto knife. It was such a clean cut, it took a few seconds before it even started bleeding. Man you should have seen the mess that thing was when I made it to the doctor's. Sticking it in a cup of peroxide was not fun.

The labels for everything were shipped today, the rolling ladder will be here sometime next week and all those white bins you see on the left hand of the picture were tossed out and I ordered all new ones.

Other then being called female a few times by guys at my work because of my S5KVX work jeans I am all that is man....or something.

And yes, going to the doctor after a bad cut is never fun. They gave me the shots to numb me up and it's supposed to swell the tissue but the bad thing about mine is my tissue was pushed through a hole in my hand and after the shot it grew (very weird). My finger was in iodine though, no peroxide.

lost in va

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
oooh that is sweet. setting up olhausen tables.

do you get to test them out and play on them?

I get asked that every day and honestly.. I've grown very sick of pool tables.

The only reasons I've ever had for owning one were to fold clothes on, play beer pong on, do the dirty on, entertain company with, and last but not least...it's a VERY easy way to get a female over instead of heading out to some dive bar.

The best part of the job is being able to get a healthy discount. I'll be picking this beaut. up in a few months:

110.jpg

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the midst of using queries to link a performance spreadsheet to a database that I can copy data into each month rather than someone typing it in by hand (the previous method). Actually, I'm having a good time with it.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
I'm in the midst of using queries to link a performance spreadsheet to a database that I can copy data into each month rather than someone typing it in by hand (the previous method). Actually, I'm having a good time with it.
Are you trying to link Excel to Access?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started off with a routine meeting. Then I tore some steel apart (took 29,000 pounds to do so), checked on a test in which I'm smashing a polymer. Went to my desk and anlyzed and reduced the metal-tearing data in excel. Was a panelist in a taste test. Wished everyone Merry Christmas. Left.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Nice thread Brian. This press event in Hanoi was my Friday....never easy when top management is around.

Nugget

Reaction score
I am supposed to be a day and half into holidays, and at this time should be doing some serious work in the gym so when I go to Chans in Jan, they don't give me 'that look' when I telll them my waist is usually 3-5 inches smaller
frown.gif

Instead:
- finalising the Balanced Scorecard for my dept across the group for the CEO's signature.
- providing some technical support to the Zambian office - coz people are on holidays (I lost all technical skills about 6 years ago - it's not easy!)
- trying to track down my CFO who ducked without paying a key supplier
- trying to buy a vintage reverso for my Christmas present
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics