• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Way cool...Dyson launches the bladeless fan!

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Not bad, 8 posts to a Tokyo Slim anti-Apple rant.
laugh.gif

I would hope I get credited with an assist on that.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
You're spending $500 on a vacuum and $300 on an oscilating fan. Do we even need a label at that point?
mdysoninside.jpg

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, awesome! I love the dyson vortex hand dryer, hate the one where you slide your hands in and out. I have learned how controversial of a statement that is.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not bad, 8 posts to a Tokyo Slim anti-Apple rant.
laugh.gif

Hey, to be fair I started nothing, nor was that a "rant" - just an observation. You all know what happens when you mention me by name and invoke the "A" word.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mom just bought a Dyson ball, and that thing is amazing. It makes cleaning the house fun, and does an amazing job. It is well worth the extra money, Dyson makes amazing products with amazing technology.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Nope. We were, however, making the comparison to self-righteous Apple owners. Nothing intrinsically wrong with luxury goods (or Macs in and of themselves).
And I was making the same connection with Dyson owners. IMHO Dyson owners are just as, if not more so, elitist than Apple owners.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
My mom just bought a Dyson ball, and that thing is amazing. It makes cleaning the house fun, and does an amazing job. It is well worth the extra money, Dyson makes amazing products with amazing technology.
The above post is the only one in this thread so far that even remotely approaches the same level of Mac evangelism that would have been present in this thread were it about computers. And he didn't badmouth his last vacuum cleaner or insinuate that people who use other vacuums are somehow inferior, when in reality, it would be far more likely that he didn't know how to use his old vacuum cleaner, and the only reason he likes this one better is because it has less settings.
smile.gif
That was a rant. Happy now Fran? Now that we've made this yet another thread about Macs, and we've all had fun trying to wind me up and see me play the same song over and over again - can we drop it and get back to discussing this Dyson dude and why he has to be stopped before he invents Skynet? Thanks.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually looking for a new fan. A *quiet* fan.

I had hopes for this one, but an independent review of the product said it was much louder than a regular fan. Closer to a vacuum cleaner.

So, no fan for me.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I would hope I get credited with an assist on that.

I agree; full credit on the assist!
laugh.gif

I really like Dyson. He could just as easily sit on his hands and milk the vacuum business for another billion. Instead he is out there inventing, working hard, and creating more value.

We borrow my sister in law's Dyson Animal vac a lot as we have two small dogs and the Animal picks up hair like you would not believe. Yes, it is expensive at $400 or so but it crushes my $1,100 Miele Blue Moon canister vacuum for cleaning ability.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Nope. We were, however, making the comparison to self-righteous Apple owners. Nothing intrinsically wrong with luxury goods (or Macs in and of themselves).

Hi h8tr!

Listening to music on my Iphone while I map out my route on the Iphone GPS and get some Iphone restaurant recommendations and then use the Iphone's opentable app to get a reservation and then switch to the Iphone's internet browser to go to the SF page to type this while I check my three email accounts and once I am at the restaurant, I'll enjoy a movie on my iphone while having lunch.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Hi h8tr!

Listening to music on my Iphone while I map out my route on the Iphone GPS and get some Iphone restaurant recommendations and then use the Iphone's opentable app to get a reservation and then switch to the Iphone's internet browser to go to the SF page to type this while I check my three email accounts and once I am at the restaurant, I'll enjoy a movie on my iphone while having lunch.

laugh.gif
Heeey, I did all those things on my WinMo phone yesterday, but instead of opting to watch a movie, I decided to use my Slingbox app that works over the cell network, not just wifi.
devil.gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
<is on a work conference call on his iPhone right now>

<has 2 Macs in his house>

<knows edmorel has a tiny dong>

Feel free to hate on me.

Oh, and I love my Dyson Animal.. fantastic for picking up pet hair and edmorel's wife's gangly pubics.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree; full credit on the assist!
laugh.gif

We borrow my sister in law's Dyson Animal vac a lot as we have two small dogs and the Animal picks up hair like you would not believe. Yes, it is expensive at $400 or so but it crushes my $1,100 Miele Blue Moon canister vacuum for cleaning ability.

Wait.
You borrow your sister's Dyson?
Fran, Fran, Fran. You were my vision of a legitimate big-timer. And now you admit to borrowing a vacuum?

Oh, how far the mighty have fallen...

(Thanks for the assist, btw.)

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Wait.
You borrow your sister's Dyson?
Fran, Fran, Fran. You were my vision of a legitimate big-timer. And now you admit to borrowing a vacuum?

Oh, how far the mighty have fallen...

(Thanks for the assist, btw.)

I know and hang out with a lot of big timers. Sadly it is just an illusion on my part.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads