• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wavy hair

tom221

Reaction score
I have quite wavy hair. It is reasonably long but not long enough to come over my eyebrows.

I do prefer it at this length, the only thing i don't like is it is very wavy. Obviously having it cut helps but as said i'd like to keep it this length.
When my hair is wet (after i've had a shower) and i just push it down with the twoel i do like the look, it's notwavy, very straight and looks quite good. The moment it starts to dry though it goes all wavy again.

i've tried some ****** cossacks hair spray that i got from super drug for about £2, that didn't work, and stunk anyway lol.
Then i tried that V05 matt clay. It does help quite a bit but still dosn't get rid of the waves. I'm about to buy the V05 freeze spray. However i'm beginning to realise that gel/wax/hair spray etc etc just isn't doing anything for me.

How can i get rid of these waves in my hair? or am i stuck with them??

thanks

PolePosition

Reaction score
From having a girl that has wavy hair, this is what she said:

Hair Straightener iron - This is kinda like an ironing clamp for your hair. When your hair is wet, you use it and it heats your hair and dries and straightens it at the same time. It is not expensive and many stores carry it. She uses the Remington Wet 2 Straight iron.

Straight perm @ salon - Basically the opposite of getting permed curls. Instead your hair is permed straight. Lasts a few to several months depending on how the salon does it.

tom221

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PolePosition
From having a girl that has wavy hair, this is what she said:

Hair Straightener iron - This is kinda like an ironing clamp for your hair. When your hair is wet, you use it and it heats your hair and dries and straightens it at the same time. It is not expensive and many stores carry it. She uses the Remington Wet 2 Straight iron.

Straight perm @ salon - Basically the opposite of getting permed curls. Instead your hair is permed straight. Lasts a few to several months depending on how the salon does it.

I don't think my hair is long enough to straighten it, i'll have a go later.

I did try straightening it a while back but i burnt my head and hand LOL (i'm pretty clumsy and never used one of those straighteners before). I'll have another crack at it later though.

Also i'm not sure what a perm is but i think my nan has one, so i might steer clear of that lol

cheers.

tom221

Reaction score
I just tried straightening my hair. After a few more burns i got the hang of it lol.

It's helped loads, cheers mate.

I think i may need something to hold it now, as i get the feeling the moment i walk out of the door and the wind blows in my hair it will just go all screwed up again lol. We'll see.

PolePosition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tom221
I just tried straightening my hair. After a few more burns i got the hang of it lol.

It's helped loads, cheers mate.

I think i may need something to hold it now, as i get the feeling the moment i walk out of the door and the wind blows in my hair it will just go all screwed up again lol. We'll see.

Glad it helped! The key is using the straightener until your hair is completely dry...then your hair will stay straight until it gets wet again. Unless you have tsunami winds where you live, then I'm not so sure lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads