1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Water marks on new brown leather shoes???

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VillyP, Jan 12, 2018 at 2:14 PM.

1. VillyP

VillyP New Member

Help!!

So I wore these out on new years eve and it was snowy and wet out. The club required nice shoes so I wore these out in those conditions. I thought it wouldn't be an issue but the day after I realized it now has black like, water stains all over the shoe. How do I get rid of them? Does shoe polish work??

How do I get rid of these!!

20180112_170701.jpg

20180112_170649.jpg

2. Milksteakboiledhard

Milksteakboiledhard Senior Member

I'd wipe them with a damp cloth first and see what that does. Depending on the quality of the materials they may be salvageable. If the water doesn't, you can try a water/vinegar solution before moving on to more harsh cleaners.

3. VillyP

VillyP New Member

so I just did that and like, idk how water is suppose to react to leather shoes but its all dark brown now and im waiting for it to dry out. Like looks like the shoe absorbed some of that water. will wait and see if the stains are still there once it dries up

4. VillyP

VillyP New Member

Okay well....water and cloth seems to be doing the trick. I thought my mother tried that earlier and she said it didn't work but now I see it has so thank you!