• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

watchmaker in NYC

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can someone recommend a watchmaker in NYC to clean, service and regulate an Omega bumper movement. My watch was overhauled by Omega about three years ago and is running slow. Omega did a great job on it before, replacing many of the parts, but they insist on sending it back to Switzerland again. I would prefer someone local as long as they know what they are doing and are careful.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Luis on 47th street to service my watches. Very reasonable prices.

Go into the door on the far left (below the 78), go up one flight turn left and he is on the back right. I've had my watches serviced for $50-65 including new crowns and crystals.

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Superior Watch Service is an authorized service center for IWC. I think it's in Brooklyn. Jack Freedman is a nice guy although he's a little prickly about his watches (not unlike a good tailor). If you want to do an in person repair, he's the perfect guy.

Otherwise I'd send it to RGM which not only makes watches in PA, but also does repairs and restoration work at very reasonable prices.

Good luck.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the suggestions.
NORE: Do you know if Luis has access to Omega OEM parts, if necessary?

When I needed a crown for my Certina Bristol 135 I know he ordered an OEM part. Not sure from where. I did go for the generic plastic crystal, tho. Might be worth checking. Also, there are several other watchmakers in the same space so I'm sure he could network if needed. Well worth a try if you're in the area.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads