• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watches

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good website where I can purchase a weird, funky watch? I'm looking for something fun and interesting. It can even be plastic. The Tag I have now is just boring me to death...

I was thinking about getting a leather wrist band watch, but instead I just bought a leather cuff with a buckle that looks great on it's own.

Enrico

Reaction score
Take a look at poljot.com or poljot.us

Pretty funky Russian watches.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA Guy: Funny you say that, incidentally, I was gonna buy the Corum bubble face watch with the skull & cross bones; "Jolly Roger" model, but there's no way in hell I could have justified the price. Pretty awesome watch though. Nick: Outstanding website. I'm most definatly gonna pick up this watch in red or maybe in white. It's really funky and unique; exactly what I'm looking for. What color do you guys think? CTGuy; the link you posted dosn't work for some reason, if you can repost, thanks. Nick, do you have anymore websites like the one you posted? I even like the shirts they have.. Thanks bro.

Catch-22

Reaction score
I've developed sort of a random watch fetish in recent years and have always been very fond of the jump hour/direct read style of watch. Â Basically, instead of having watch hands, the numbers themselves rotate to get the correct time. Â They tend to be slightly bulkier than other watches, but I really like the fact that they're not too common and generally pretty cheap Here are a couple of examples on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....y=31387 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....y=31387

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alain Silberstein makes really fun watches. Â They require a certain personality and are ridiculously overpriced. Â If you don't mind wearing a replica, replica sites selling Silberstein are all over the internet.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, Have you been to Threadless.com? It's all t-shirts, but there's a continually-rotating roster of interesting designs - you can submit your own if you want. Zazzle.com also lets you make your own t-shirt designs. Also, ..........com is too hip for words (or is it mainstream-faux-hip? I can't tell anymore.
wink.gif
), and Cmax.com lets you design your own sneakers, casual suede shoes and boots...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To completely hi-jack this thread, but some other posters have been suggesting interesting online sites. If you are interested in innovative designers, check out www.fabric8.com, which features a lot of North American independents, and which was where nice collective (now sold at Barneys and Louis Boston, among other stores) got it's first exposure.

cristobal

Reaction score
Don't know if they have a website, but my boss gave me a Roger Dubuis watch as a gift, and it's pretty funky. It's got a huge square face, diamonds, a black leather band and it really catches the eye. You may be able to find one at certain jeweler websites (I know next to nothing about Dubuis, but it's a fantastic watch).

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of the Seiko Kinetic Chronographs are pretty funky, with multiple faces and neon colored hands and faces.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of the Seiko Kinetic Chronographs are pretty funky, with multiple faces and neon colored hands and faces.
The latest issue of Watch Time has a pullout section devoted to Seiko, featuring the new Arctura Kinetic Chronograph. Â I think this is a great looking watch that is definitely different from your run-of-the-mill chronograph.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cristobal:

Your boss gave you a Roger Dubuis? My, that was be quite a boss that you work for me since Dubuis is a very expensive brand. Was there a special occasion associated with it? Also what model is it? Also Dubuis only produces 28 of each model exclusively.

cristobal

Reaction score
LabelKing:

Yes, it was one of the more unusual end-of-fiscal-year bonuses I've received. Usually it's just a check, but you never know when you work for a group of monarchists. It's a G43 (Golden Square) three-hand in diamonds. It's a fantastic watch; my two co-workers were a little envious; I suppose their gifts were of lesser value (they were aware of what a Dubuis costs--I was not). As for availability, I honestly have no idea whether or not my boss had to bend over backwards to get one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads