• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watches

flodal

Reaction score
Hi,
I noticed that on almost every 'top 5' must have fashion items that - Watch - is always somewhere on the list.
If you were looking for a good - long lasting (because they are expensive, and trendy watch - what brand name (or even specific watch would you suggest.
Thanks a lot,
Greg

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think you can go too wrong with an Omega or a Tag or a Cartier etc. Cartier has a new cheaper line out too although I haven't seen any yet.

Are you maybe asking for recommendations among brands which have in the past been mainly designer labels like gucci
or armani?

Right now i have an all black kenneth cole watch that doesn't have any sort of marker or numerals on the dial and it looks pretty nice. i also have a titanium seiko watch. The kenneth cole watch was 150 and the seiko was around 500. The seiko is really quite nice actually. For next year I'm looking at getting an omega though ^_^

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Raymond Weil.  It's not one of the "elite" brands, but is plenty good, and doesn't come with an "elite" price tag.  The designs are classic, so they'll look good ten years from now.  A while back, I wanted a Tag Heuer Kirium, but it was a bit more than what I wanted to pay.  I settled on a RW stainless steel Parsifal, which goes much better with the clothes I wear to work everyday than the Tag would anyways.

RainCityClotheshound

Reaction score
Greg,
The kind of watch depends on several things:
-How much you're willing to spend
-What style of watch(sport,chronograph,dress)
-What kind of bezel:stainless steel,gold,titanium,etc.
-What kind of bracelet:steel,gold,leather
-What kind of movement:quartz,automatic

That said,here are a few classics:
-Cartier Classic Tank- a timeless dress watch.White dial,roman numeral hour indicators,black leather strap.
-Omega Seamaster-great combination of sporty and stylish
-Rolex Oyster Perpetual,Submariner,or Daytona-again,sporty and stylish.Quintessential.

These are all pricey,and well-built, so that you can pass them down to your son.Less expensive versions are available from other manufacturers,if you'd like the style without the cost.

Europe's Finest

Reaction score
I'm wearing a TAG Heuer and I'm really satisfied with it.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I have 2 Raymond Weils and really like them. They were gifts from my wife. My personal tastes would preclude a large watch like a Rolex. I've just seen too may men with absolutely no style who though they were "it" because of wearing a Rolex.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As i have mentioned before i have a Tag Heuer 6000 1/10 chronograph. I am completely satisfied with it, except for the fact that one of the push pins for the stop watch has fallen off twice already and its driving me f*#$ing nuts. Last time i had it fixed it cost me $100 and now im contemplating on getting it fixed again. has anyone else had a similar problem or any other problem with Tag?
confused.gif

Europe's Finest

Reaction score
I'm wearin' mine for 2 years now and fortunately I had no problems so far.

But I totally understand that it drives you CrAzY....

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
As most of you know, I am 100% happy with my Patek Phillipe. Highly recommended.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads