• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watches: White / Silver / Cream dials with Blue hands

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Parnis is ridiculously cheap - IWC homage. The hands seem to change in the light from almost black to cobalt, and the face from dark silver to white.

2n8blvo.jpg

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
photo.jpg

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
This Parnis is ridiculously cheap - IWC homage. The hands seem to change in the light from almost black to cobalt, and the face from dark silver to white.

Yes, the Parnis are always mentioned in this context.
However, I've read way too many stories of them simply falling apart after relatively little use.
I'll keep my $80 and put it toward that Breguet....hey, only 2,186 other Parnis to go!
sarcasm.gif

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
I've heard from a lot of people enjoying their Parnis...without it falling apart.

Perhaps they're actually fine. I've only read some about them, not much.
They might be linked in some way with SeaGull, I don't know.
I did not mean to imply that they are total crap. $80 Timex are actually fine watches as well.
(And I would never buy that $175K Breguet, even if I did have the $$$ to burn, just to be crystal clear!
smile.gif
).

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
Perhaps they're actually fine. I've only read some about them, not much.
They might be linked in some way with SeaGull, I don't know.
I did not mean to imply that they are total crap. $80 Timex are actually fine watches as well.
(And I would never buy that $175K Breguet, even if I did have the $$$ to burn, just to be crystal clear!
smile.gif
).

I'm certainly no expert on the subject, but I did some quick research in the past couple of hours, and it seems many (most?) use SeaGull movements.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe
I'm certainly no expert on the subject, but I did some quick research in the past couple of hours, and it seems many (most?) use SeaGull movements.

I don't know. I can't really figure it out. On their own site a lot of models don't even have movement specs (i. e. they only state "Japan Quartz"; "Asian Unitas"; "Power Reserve Automatic"; etc.). On WUS, there was mention that SeaGull oiled some Parnis movements...I have no idea if they also make some for Parnis. Parnis seems to source from multiple suppliers. I don't know.

I'm no watch snob, but on the other hand I've never really been attracted to knock-off watches (I wouldn't say that Parnis' are even homages, but others would argue that they are, I'm sure).

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ishakir

Reaction score
Sort of surprised that the Cartier Santos received no mention. A timeless piece with a lot of history!

.Kurtz.

Reaction score
Don't forget about Ball:

dg1016a-sj-wh.jpg

126623d1220822204-oris-tt3-black-vs-ball-night-train-vs-omega-po-ball-engclassiciiweb-jpg

(pics borrowed from the net)

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
Bump.

So many great watches
inlove.gif

Thanks.

Sorry folks all for the ImageShack fiasco.
devil.gif
baldy[1].gif

I will reload all the photos on my Page 1 OP in the next few days, through PhotoBucket or something.

Achilles, to answer your Parnis movement question (from the shoe thread) here: I don't really know how to now tell if a Parnis has a Seagull movement or not. It seems to depend a lot on the model and the season, since Parnis sources a bunch of different movements and those sources seem to always be shifting. I tried Google, but that wasn't much help. The best suggestion I can make is that you contact the various sellers and ask them to tell you which specific the particular Parnis you are interested in has, at that time. Hope that helps!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads