1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Watch

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kalra2411, Aug 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

I move in my Ferrari 360, and Bugatti Veryron thank you very much. I think you meant ignorance of movements

2. ernest

ernest Senior member

Do not try to hide your ignorance of movement (compare Cartier with Jeager/ ignore frederique Piguet....) and taste (diamonds watches for a man...) behind some details of syntax or english in my replies.

3. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Just have a Whiskey, or considering you are French, some cheap VIN

4. ernest

ernest Senior member

your ignorance of movement
    I move in my Ferrari 360, and Bugatti Veryron thank you very much. I think you meant ignorance of movements
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]? Do not try to hide your ignorance of movement (compare Cartier with Jeager/ ignore frederique Piguet....) and taste (diamonds watches for a man...) behind some details of syntax/type or english in my replies.

5. ernest

ernest Senior member

I let you with your DIAMONDS sissy watch and your alcoolism...

Better go on a watch forum and ask about CArtier

6. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Taste is individual, if I did not have a diamond watch in my circle of friends, I would not be in my circle of friends.

Fine then, take your torb. out and turn your watch upside down, and see if it still works.

7. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

I need not a forum of apathetic old people, A director of PP is a good friend of mine.

8. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Ernest, are you ten years old, or a religious man (if the latter apologies). You dont drink?

9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

To quote the great philosopher Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?"

10. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Sorry, I am just getting a little irritated with this silly man. I do not mean it personally. However, I am against this guys watch knowledge.

11. j

j Senior member Admin

Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the ... oh, never mind. Please, gentlemen, behave.

12. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Okay, sorry. If anyone can clear things up please go ahead.

13. ernest

ernest Senior member

FREDERIQUE PIGUET, you should know it or what means you do not know what you buy (as some Cartier/PACHA had a Piguet....)

14. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Ernest, I have concluded that you are just a pathetic Frenchman, and there is no point to pursue this any further.

If you want to argue, then do not do so with me, whilst making childish comments on Diamonds. Moreover, if you were of a decent social/economical standing, and a European as you claim to be, I am sure that you would share my views on Diamonds. Notwithstanding the fact that you judge a watch by whether or not is has diamonds, instead of its looks, is really telling you something.

Explain to me how knowing who has made my movement, is more important than knowing how it works, which you clearly have absolutely no idea about.

I too could make immature comments on the French, but that would not be me. I too could make comments on the French in business (hence the closure of all my French operations) (not that I believe you are French) but that too would be childish.

I am still eager to know what a PACHA is?

About your FP, firstly it is not written on my Pasha, so how should I know, secondly, do you want me to waste my time on finding out rubbish like that? Secondly, WHAT IS JEAGER?

15. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Now I write the same post in your english

ernest, i am knowing that you are sill and french being. so i cannot go on.

if you are wanting to be argue, not with me if possibnule, you keep saying little things on the subject of the diamond. it also is that you see only the damond and not the true looking of the watch.

Tell to me now, that it is movmnets which is more importanmt in the knowlgede of such, that hoqw it operates, because you sont know taht.

i can also be stupid about french people, but i am not soing such an action. i can also make comments of french in firms, so i close all my frnch companies. but i still cant see if you are the true french, because i no it not.

i want to know waht PASHA is

about FREDERIQUE PIGET, ]name is not on my PACHA so how can i know, wasting time is not with me, number two what being is Jaeger Le Coultrre

16. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Gentlemen,

I implore you, please cease and desist with your point-counterpoint attacks. Nothing will ever be resolved. May I suggest that this matter be dropped in favor of greener pastures?

Jon.

17. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Ernest,

May I also say, from reading your previous posts, I have realised that your argument is based purely on jealousy.

Also the fact that you call Vacheron lesser known, provides great evidence of the lack of knowledge which you have.

(Oh dear, my English is deteriorating to the level of yours.)

18. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Okay, I'm not the moderator, but I think that this thread should end here. When the invective starts, it can't go anywhere but down. Let's make a gentlemen's agreement to not knock others' poor language skills (especially when the other party is clearly not a native English speaker), masculinity (diamonds can look pretty damn good on the right guy), or socio-economic standing (I know a guy living on disability who is a prince, and a fairly well known Hollywood player who is a complete and utter asshole.)

19. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I own this vintage Heuer Camaro, which looks great and keeps better time than any of my other mechanical watches.
    Wow, that's a bitchin' Camaro. But seriously, very nice watch. What is the quality level of the old Heuers? Comparable to anything?
    To answer the question you raised before the food fight started, Heuer has a long association with motor sports, so I can only assume the build quality of the older models is quite good. Â They generally use a Valjoux movement, which is a very reliable and easy to service workhorse of a movement. Â I have been very happy with my watch. Â Of course there are maintenance issues with a 30-40 year old watch, but nothing that a competent watch repairer couldn't handle.

20. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

Agreed. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.