Watch store for Rolex in NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pollapo, Jun 25, 2011.

1. pollapo

pollapo Member

will be in nyc for the summer and interested in milguass gv.

just google searched but there are so many stores...can anyone recommend reputable watch stores in manhattan?

2. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Go to Rolex store

3. Twotone

Twotone Senior member

Lots of authorized Rolex dealers in NYC. I'd find a gently used one on the timezone.com sales corner for a lot less than MSRP. I prefer the Explorer over the MG, but that's just my opinion.

4. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

Take the train over to Jersey. The sales tax difference should be enormous.

5. Taxler

Taxler Senior member

Go to Rolex store

I think the Rolex boutique is part of Tourneau with some marketing affiliation with Rolex. It wasn't yet opened the last time I walked by, but it may be now.

Take the train over to Jersey. The sales tax difference should be enormous.

Sales Tax shouldn't be a problem unless you live in NY or have some reason you don't want to ship (i.e import tax).

6. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Sales Tax shouldn't be a problem unless you live in NY or have some reason you don't want to ship (i.e import tax).

Sales tax is the same for everyone in NYC regardless of where you reside. We're not talking VAT.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Sales tax is the same for everyone in NYC regardless of where you reside. We're not talking VAT.
    If the OP doesn't reside in NY, then he should consider having it shipped to his place of residence. Reduces cost tremendously.

8. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

Err, if sales tax even crosses your mind, you shouldn't be spending $5000 on a watch.

9. apolishedman

apolishedman Active Member

check out wempe on fifth avenue. good service.

10. dmash

dmash Senior member

Err, if sales tax even crosses your mind, you shouldn't be spending $5000 on a watch.
    Because it's intelligent to pay $500 more than you have to right? [​IMG] A few good retailers in NYC, Tourneau gives bad vibes to some people though. Thing with Rolex is that you're not going to get a 'good' discount at ANY retailer, so not like you can shop around for it like with Breitling, Omega, etc. Just call ahead to make sure they have what you want in stock and go to those shops.

11. saiyar1

saiyar1 Senior member

No, it should. That's a financially irresponsible statement. There's a huge difference between spending money on a watch and parting with money that goes straight to the government for who-knows-what.

Tell that to hedge fund managers who manage billions and carefully structure every action they take to avoid tax (income, cap gains, etc.)

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

No, it should. That's a financially irresponsible statement. There's a huge difference between spending money on a watch and parting with money that goes straight to the government for who-knows-what.

Tell that to hedge fund managers who manage billions and carefully structure every action they take to avoid tax (income, cap gains, etc.)

Lol exactly.

13. bmf895

bmf895 Senior member

So true. But the rich can be some of the stingiest persons out there. God forbid they should contribute to the infrastructure that allowed them to accumulate their wealth.

14. Jorge

Jorge Senior member

check out wempe on fifth avenue. good service.
    +1

15. bmf895

bmf895 Senior member

While we're on the subject of timepieces in New York, anyone have recommendations for a place for cleaning of a mechanical movement? I have heard Central Watch at Grand Central Terminal mentioned before. Any others?