Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Watch Servicing in NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by norcaltransplant, Sep 24, 2013.

1. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

I haven't been wearing my watches with much frequency, and I noticed that they have started to keep horrible time. I need to get them serviced, and wanted to use someone local. No major complications. My most difficult piece that needs a good cleaning is a 34mm JLC MUT. I also have an IWC 3706 (7750 movement) and an IWC Portofino (2892) that are also due for service. I prefer to use a local shop with competitive pricing.... hoping for less than $500/watch

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013

2. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

I would take the IWC to the NYC Boutique (i have had three done in the last year).
    My 3714 had not been serviced in 8 years. Major overhaul, case polish and new Strap ran me $900.
    It is painless, as they take care of all of the Insurance, Fedex etc. to Richemont in Fort Worth. Quickest turn around was 6 weeks.
    I would not trust them to anyone else, (as with re-crafting of my EG's to the UK)....Just my 2 cents worth.