• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

watch question

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
I know this is sort of ridiculous for this forum, but alas I risk ridicule.

I have a fairly inexpensive watch, a Kenneth Cole actually. I like it though and my girlfriend bought it for me. Today the crown seems to have fallen off and is lost (so it seems). I am pissed off even though it is not really an expensive watch. Any chance I could get a replacement crown or something???

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
I know this is sort of ridiculous for this forum, but alas I risk ridicule.

I have a fairly inexpensive watch, a Kenneth Cole actually. I like it though and my girlfriend bought it for me. Today the crown seems to have fallen off and is lost (so it seems). I am pissed off even though it is not really an expensive watch. Any chance I could get a replacement crown or something???

The crown and replacement will cost you more than the watch is worth. Buy another in the same exact model to keep your girlfriend happy or use this as an excuse to get a better watch.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
Any chance I could get a replacement crown or something???

There is a good chance that a decent watchmaker(repairman) can either obtain a replacement crown from the maker or find a reasonable facsimile that would serve the purpose. Of course with a better maker there would be no problem finding a replacement crown but in this case it could prove problematic. As for the watchmakers fee........................

Duveen

Reaction score
Don't try to repair a KC watch when that happens. I had the exact same thing happen to a KC watch a while ago, paid for the repair and the thing broke again thereafter - total waste of $45.

Earthmover

Reaction score
I broke the glass on a KC watch I own, and I just took it to the cheapest place I could think of: one of those jewelers in chinatown shops near Canal street. I got battery and glass replaced for like $10 or 15. If KC won't fix it, ask how much they would charge; if the price doesnt' seem reasonable, don't do it.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Kenneth Cole watches sound pretty shitty from what I gather here. o_O

Duveen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
Kenneth Cole watches sound pretty shitty from what I gather here. o_O

Hmmm...mine cost about $75 on sale, worked fine for 3-4 years and then broke. They certainly aren't great watches (and I now wear a somewhat nicer timepiece), but they do the job for a decent price. The trick is to accept that they will break.

The styling is actually decent on some - certainly not up there with the best, but not bad.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.