• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watch question

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have done some research and am getting ready to purchase a nice Tag sport/casual watch. I've seen some great prices at Aviante.com, Atlantic Time.com and LuxurySquare.com. The latter in fact has a great deal on the model I want -- I can get it for more that $300 less than my friendly local jeweler.
Two concerns I have:

1. LuxurySquare.com is not an authorized TH dealer. Is that a problem? They say it only means they honor the warranty and not TH. If that's the case it seems like no big deal

also:

2: How can I ensure I'm getting the real thing and not a fake? Is that a problem for TH watches and LuxurySquare.com? Or can I rest easy and order?
Thoughts, comments? Any help is appreciated

European Interloper

Reaction score
If they only honour the warranty they can sell you a fake watch, but only just. It's considered false advertising if they do, so you can catch them at it, but they can still actually sell you the watch. I think. I dropped out of law school guys, I'll admit it. I'm sorry. What kind of model are you looking at? Try to make sure that it's not too chunky, as it will catch on your cuff when you wear a shirt. Most men should have a sports watch like a Tag or a Rolex, and then a dinner watch that's a slim cut, like the Tag Monaco or, again, a Rolex. Ideally, you should never buy a watch with gold on it as it no longer looks acceptable. Silver, platinum, graphite and stainless steel are the most accepted materials, along with all of their variants. Anyway, you've decided on the watch, I don't know why I'm telling you these things...
--European Interloper

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks E.I. I guess that means if I catch them selling a fake, I can nail them. I don't suspect anything amiss, but one never knows.... As for your comment on gold, I assume you mean that gold is out of style on Sports watches, right? I am also thinking of buying a nice Omega Constellation two tone -- gold and silver bracelet. That's a classic dress watch that I would think would never go out of style.
The TH I am looking at is a Series 2000 automatic with Blue dial. Something that is rather traditional but would look nice with khakis and a polo, or at the beach as well. For a dress watch, as I mentionend, I plan on buying a Constellation later this year.

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
Although, as most of you know, I am hooked on my Patek Philippe 5107 (in white gold), I own a less expensive "sport" watch that gets way more comments from both guys and girls, look a lot more expensive, and, simply put, is an amazing watch. Check out the Gino Franco  988BL.  For only $135, I challenge you to find a better more stylish watch.  This is the ONLY watch that I dare wear into the clubs.  The blue face is very distinctive, and goes well with every piece of stylish clothes.

European Interloper

Reaction score
There's an awesome dunhill watch that's very similar to the one that GQ lawyer mentions, and is possibly even more stylish. Other than that, Tissot makes great semi-cheap but high quality sport watches. Boss also has one very cool sports watch, but, as always, I can't give you the specific details because I've seen it in magazines that I no longer have.
Sorry.
--European Interloper

FRATERNITYSTUD

Reaction score
I love this forum.. I am definitely going to order that Gino Franco watch in the next week. Thanks for the tip GQL..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads