• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Watch out for Bluefly

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just bought these C&J-made Polo Chelsea boots for $179 on sale at the local Polo store. http://www.bluefly.com/pages....duct+ID Granted, they retail for a lot more than what I paid -- but less than the $462 Bluefly is trying to sell them for, and certainly way less than the $770 Bluefly claims as retail value. This kind of mispricing appears to me to be rampant on the site (although this is an especially egregious example). I suspect many people get taken as a result. Good value is out there on Bluefly, but you need to know what you're doing in order to find it. Montecristo

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$432 for a pair of Polo leather moccasins?  Retail $720?  You have got to have sh*t for brains to believe that.  Sorry.  Pardon me.  Excuse me.  Er-hem.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got a pair of EG velvet slippers that retails for that kind of money at RL (which I picked up on Ebay from Grapevinehill), but I could buy those $700 mocs for $40 at LL Bean.

oldskool

Reaction score
Careful when you buy there unless you know the merchandise, or the line. Agreed. Though I feel that I have done well on Bluefly, it is because I saw the actual items in the store prior to seeing them on Bluefly. Also, returns on Bluefly are painless.

Examples of good deals I have gotten include RLPL cashmere sweaters, Prada shoes, RL Boots, all at 50%+ off regular retail and all items I have seen in stores at retail prices. Bluefly has done well by me many times, I have to say.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly think Bluefly made an unintentional mistake here -- they had previously sold those black Chelseas for about $250ish and had the retail correct. I think somebody may have mixed them up with the Edward Green shoes, perhaps. I've never seen serious mispricing issues on Bluefly, and I can't knock a discounter who gives me a pair of Edward Greens for $342 (after shipping) and then sends me a $5 refund because the right hand corner of the shoe box had a small ding on it.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments