• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watch Our Gaziano & Girling Antibes Shoe Review - Absolutely Incredible

hangerproject

Reaction score

The Antibes in Vintage pine is one of Gaziano & Girling’s signature casual models and a great example of their capacity to magically combine design, detail, and craftsmanship to create absolutely beautiful and immediately-striking shoes. Even at its price point of about $1,300 with shoe trees, these shoes are a good value when you take into considering what you get, such as the incredible, almost-bespoke craftsmanship, oak bark tanned outsoles, highest-grade French calf leather, Tony’s design aesthetic, and the hand finishing and polishing.

We thoroughly enjoy reviewing shoes of high quality and craftsmanship at various price points that we are able to recommend to our readers. So regardless of whether you are just purchasing your first pair of quality leather dress shoes or are a seasoned collector, I hope that you enjoy these reviews and find them helpful.

papado

Reaction score
Kirby/HP Team--Are you able to give some background on this series of videos and what you feel it provides to the audience? I only ask because I feel like these videos miss the mark compared to the other content on the channel. Your interviews and factory visits give a great insight into the people and process behind some of the most well known brands. The videos of bespoke fittings allows those of us to see the process as well as see you with this unique item and give some idea of the fit/craftsmanship.

I feel these videos don't provide much in the value proposition as they are not much beyond looking at a shoe and talking about how pretty it is. It's akin to talking about a suit and it's construction but never actually wearing it or reviewing a car but never driving it; how can someone 'review' something they don't actually use?

I know it's a complicated web of friends/sponsors/etc. so it won't be instantly solved or changed, but wanted to see what your vision is for this series.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@papado

Thanks for the questions. I primarily wear bespoke shoes these days and am happy to share these experiences through the channel. That said, we have had a lot of people express interest in various RTW shoes. The idea behind this series is to review a wide range of RTW shoes, at various price points, that I can all recommend and to tell their stories as much as possible. We work with the shoemakers to learn the back story of the shoes and to describe their technical construction details etc. etc.

Our goal is to film 100 of these videos by the end of the year. I couldn't possibly wear them all (nor would I want to - the blisters would be terrible).

This help?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads