• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watch - no limit

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theyare
No limit?

Make 'em say uggggghhhhh...

Every time someone in here says "no limit" I think back to this and LOL.

Also,

iwc_portuguese_main.jpg

inlove.gif

EricE.

Reaction score
this is actually becoming harder and harder. my dad told me to think thoroughly about the watch, because he wants me to have something that will remind me of him in many years (and maybe even be able to give it to my my children later on). i looked at some watches and still think that the jlc reverso is very nice, but the AP royal oak on a steelstrap (which really does look more versatile than the rubber strap) is also very nice.

Many watches i saw (like IWC, lange&söhne, also cartier) looked great, but only on a leather strap. Which IMHO makes watches always look more dressier than the same watch on a metal strap.

There have been some REALLY nice contributions so far! thanks a lot.

Something else i saw, was a breguet on a rubberstrap. i dont know the model, nor do i remember the website on which i saw it.

kind regards

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Round 2 of suggestions
biggrin.gif
(I am very envious of you)

Cartier Roadster:

W62020X6.jpg

Piaget Altiplano:

piaget-altiplano-autoamtic-.jpg

RTEmagicC_10_0424_GMT_Piaget_AltiplanoAnniv_01.jpg.jpg

Knisse

Reaction score
I would go with a solid IWC or JLC no matter how much your price limit is. For me those has the best offerings, and anything price-related above that is just not worth it.

Just my opinion.

HEPennypacker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EricE.
i looked at some watches and still think that the jlc reverso is very nice, but the AP royal oak on a steelstrap (which really does look more versatile than the rubber strap) is also very nice. Many watches i saw (like IWC, lange&söhne, also cartier) looked great, but only on a leather strap. Which IMHO makes watches always look more dressier than the same watch on a metal strap.
Many recommend purchasing the Reverso with the metal bracelet because the price difference is less than if one were to purchase the bracelet after the fact. And of course, there are many options for leather straps. Go Reverso!

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lange and Sohne has some limited editions in the 1815 up and down series. 50 of each type of gold. I dont know if they are still available

narcissism

Reaction score
Go with a stainless steel AP Royal Oak. You can't go wrong with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads