1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Watch for college grad's charcoal suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Number6, Apr 4, 2006.

1. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

Either would be fine and do ignore these comments about it Inot being a 'dress watch'. I doubt anyone would take any exception to it in any formal surroundings.

To say otherwise is incredibly narrow.

You're right and wrong. Right -- no one would take exception to that watch. Wrong -- if he's looking for a dress watch to wear with his suit for interviews, that watch isn't the one.

Because I'm wanting to buy a dress watch in the $300 price range as well, I started a thread yesterday on watchuseek.com. There have been a few suggestions made.

Thread on watchuseek.com

2. maxnharry

maxnharry Senior member

Either would be fine and do ignore these comments about it Inot being a 'dress watch'. I doubt anyone would take any exception to it in any formal surroundings.

I am not certain how saying otherwise is "narrow". You may doubt that anyone would take exception, but I had an interviewer comment specifically on a watch I was wearing in a job interview.

The point of one's dress in a job interview is to be as neutral as possible, so as not to cloud the real issue, which is "are you qualified for the position".

3. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Either would be fine and do ignore these comments

Would it be possible for you to state your opinion without disparaging the opinions of others?