• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watch for around 3K

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Omega speedmaster. /end

this. gorgeous watch. Just make sure its a speedy pro and not the basic speedy. Pain ********** to have repaired.

Or a rolex datejust. great watches as well.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two suggestions.

1) Seiko. Buy yourself a "higher end" Seiko like a Grand Seiko, or even simply a Seiko 5. If you need to class it up or you want to make it look like you spent more money, buy yourself a gator watch band for ~ $200-250. For that money, you could get yourself a couple and have a nice rotation
smile.gif
[I am a big fan. I have a Seiko 5 and a Seiko Diver both on NATO Straps]. Can be had for dirt cheap.

2) Stowa Marine!! How has no one recommended this yet. Flashy enough for a young guy yet classy enough to keep forever. You can get the base model with a polished case and alligator band for under $1000 shipped. This is really what I'd suggest. I'm 23 going on 24 and am patiently waiting to receive mine with a nice Sirtoli gator strap
smile.gif
The end of April cant come soon enough

dshreter

Reaction score
If I were you I would start the job first, and get a good look around at the kinds of watches and clothing people are wearing. Most of the watches in this thread (in my opinion) run the risk of looking pretty flashy in a management consulting setting both within the firm and definitely with clients.

Clients don't want to feel like you're being overpaid, so a bling watch might not be a great idea if you're not a partner.

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
Or a rolex datejust. great watches as well.

+1. Simple, understated. A recent preowned Datejust is available in two-tone gold/stainless, or in stainless in your price range - if you are patient, you may even get a better deal. And it will retain its value better than a new watch.

If you don't find one on watchuseek, look in the rolexforums.com for sale section. I have recently bought two Rolexes on rolexforums.com:

Datejust in stainless for $2500
Submariner Date in stainless for $3600

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dshreter
If I were you I would start the job first, and get a good look around at the kinds of watches and clothing people are wearing. Most of the watches in this thread (in my opinion) run the risk of looking pretty flashy in a management consulting setting both within the firm and definitely with clients. Clients don't want to feel like you're being overpaid, so a bling watch might not be a great idea if you're not a partner.
I guess you're right. I wanted to start doing some research and looking at some options so I can speed up my decision process. I think I will still go for a mildly flashy watch, since the rest of my outfit is conservative: Black Park Avenues, AE basic dress belt, MT shirts, and average suits (but well tailored of course). Thank you everyone for your kind words of wisdom.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Longines Master Collection II....I will probably be buying one of those in the next year. Also well within your budget.

peezie

Reaction score
Rolex Air King. Permanently stylish, and relatively inexpensive as Rollies go. Under 5k typically.

Chrenetique

Reaction score
Rolex Cellini would be perfect for you. Dressy but not boring, nor pretentious.

phelan77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simple Elegance
After being a long time lurker, I decided to crawl to the surface and ask SF for advice.

I've been recently hired by a management consulting firm, one that requires to wear a suit every day. I was looking to buy a middle range watch (around $2500-$3500) that is stylish & modern, as I'm only 22 years old. I will also use it for my nights out, which often include pairing jeans with a sport coat.

I was looking at a couple of options from Cartier and Bvlgari. I really like the Bvlgari, except I hate the name of the brand on the bezel area. I hope you share your knowledge with me.

Regards,

SE

Try not to buy fashion watches. My advice will be to go for a Anonimo pre-owned or from the grey market.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CustomWorks
Its possible. 2.5k with a summer job and a part time job around school.. why not? If you live at home it should be doable.
yeah it's possible. I bought my Speedmaster when I was 20. I start saving for it when I was 18. I spend around $1,700. I bought the 3572, basically a Speedy pro with a front hesalite and sapphire back (discontinued for awhile) It's good to see it went up in value somewhat. Speedmaster 3572 I been watching most of the Speedmaster auctions lately. Mainly the 3570, and I noticed most of them are going for 2kish now (it was $1,600ish when I was shopping around a year and half ago.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics