• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watch experts, please help on this vintage Omega

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got this Omega from my father, who got from my grandfather. My father has no interest in watches whatsoever, so he has no information on this vintage Omega. He also has a Rolex from grandfather as well. But my father forgot where he had put it
confused.gif

Anyway, this watch needs a good service/cleanup. It has been serviced before (during the culture revolution) according to my father. So I am not even sure the replacement parts, if any, were from the original manufacturer.

Does anybody have any knowledge on this Omega, such as model, age, and etc? Much appreciated.

Where should I send this watch for service/cleanup? I live in northwest suburb of Chicago.

5c196cba.jpg

51b03e55.jpg

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like a classic seamaster, but without seeing the back I'm not sure. However, you can take it to an Omega dealer, who typically have a certified Omega technican on staff.

Or if you really want it restored and tuned - send it to Omega. They'll disassemble and rebuild the movement and restore the case / crystal. To find out how go to the Omega website.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads