• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watch Experts. Giuliano Mazzuoli??

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
f36b49887c5fad653a66fefd5886.jpg

I saw this in a mag a couple yrs back and thought it looked very cool. Very understated, yet gaudy at the same time.

Looks like one can be had for around $2500 new. What's the word on these? Is it a respected brand within the watch snob community?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's respected as a design object.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall that Phat Guido had one of these when he first started posting photos on here. I've never seen the watch in person.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
It's respected as a design object.

+1 more style than substance its nice if youre a collector but for 2500 you can do better

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw it in person; didn't like.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like that kind of look, go with an Ikepod.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106

I like both but prefer Ikepod as well (I currently own a Seaslug). And certainly, when you compare the designers of the two lines of watches, Marc Newson is miles and miles ahead of Mazzuoli in terms of prominence and importance in the design world.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106

Hmmm...just googled Ikepod. Definitely some interesting designs:

horizon-platinum-white-1.jpg

ikepod_megapode.jpg

general_image.265777.jpg

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Mazzuoli is based on the design of an old Alfa speedo, I seem to remember.

I saw a Chrono a few years back, in brushed steel with a carbon fiber dial, that looked amazing. I really like these and would go for as a vintage designed one as I could.

That said, not all watches should be collector pieces, some are meant to be worn and loved as an object. I'm wearing an Ernst Benz as I write this and while it has no real value in the collectors market and they sell them at John Varvatos and Barneys, I love the timepiece. That said, quartz, with the exception of a TX I travel with, is verboten.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
The Mazzuoli is based on the design of an old Alfa speedo, I seem to remember.

I thought it was based off of a pressure gauge or something like that?

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
I thought it was based off of a pressure gauge or something like that?

Yes. 'Manometro' means 'pressure gauge' in Italian. I'm not sure I get the design theory: is it supposed to be a steampunk take on the Ikepod style?

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've tried them. Designed to look like a tire pressure gauge and fits on the wrist like a tire pressure gauge. The style is somewhat interesting, but the execution is not. Nothing great about the fit or finish and way over-priced. $2,500 buys a nice Omega. Or, this for about $500:
mondaine.jpg

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twotone
I've tried them. Designed to look like a tire pressure gauge and fits on the wrist like a tire pressure gauge. The style is somewhat interesting, but the execution is not. Nothing great about the fit or finish and way over-priced. $2,500 buys a nice Omega. Or, this for about $500:

mondaine.jpg

That looks really nice. very simple, yet it has its own elegance.

.Kurtz.

Reaction score
Mazzuoli is more about design (and good design, IMO; not only in watches) than a watch maker strictly speaking. That's why many people would hesitate at that price tag.
But, if you really like its look (personally I don't), go ahead since there aren't many watches just alike.
Concerning the quality of the mechanics itself, it's fine; same movement as many reputed watches at that price range.

GucciMonster

Reaction score
f36b49887c5fad653a66fefd5886.jpg
Does the OP watch say 'Man O Metro'?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads