• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC SF Meetup - Monday, May 20 - The Brixton

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of us in the Washington, DC area got together last September for an SF meetup. It was a good time, so with the weather getting nicer, we decided to go for Part 2. The next DC meetup will be Monday, May 20, at The Brixton (901 U Street). Go to the roofdeck and look for the well-dressed gents. Scheduled to appear are the always stylish unbelragazzo, jewelry expert and poster extraordinaire in stitches, and yours truly. The tentative plan is to meet for drinks starting at 6 PM and dine at 7:30. Let us know if you can make it for drinks, dinner, or both. Hope to see you there!

ylkim30

Reaction score
Sounds like fun. The Brixton is in my neighborhood, so I'll try to stop by. It's always good to meet new people.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who drinks on a monday? I'll have class that night so will have to pass.

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
Who drinks on a monday? I'll have class that night so will have to pass.
Who doesn't drink on a Monday?
devil.gif

I will be there for drinks and dinner, but mandate we must spend as much time on the rooftop as possible if the weather allows.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Owe BelRagazzo a drink for helping me out in the Wedding Questions thread.

JermynStreet

Reaction score
I'm in!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else?

Is everyone who has said yes in for dinner as well? If we can't get a critical mass to commit for dinner, we'll play it by ear without reservations.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry to thread hijack but if someone locals are into a meetup later in summer (July/August) later in the week (wednesday/thursday) I'm game.

JermynStreet

Reaction score
Dinner, too.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just checked the Brixton's website. They charge a $150 no show/cancellation fee for parties of six, which we have. :crazy: I expect everyone to show, but I don't want to be stuck (nor do I want anyone else to be stuck) with this fee in case a work or personal emergency prevents someone from attending. So I think the best course is to take a count around 7:15 of who wants to stay for dinner and check with the Brixton to see when they can accommodate our party.

Looking forward to seeing you all tonight, some for the first time and some for the second. I am wearing a Kent Wang navy suit, Epaulet blue checked shirt, Kent Wang blue flower tie, Kent Wang white linen pocket square with light blue edges, and Edward Green burnt pine shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads