• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC sales

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saks Mens also has a Tramezza on sale for about $440.

I got a pair of SF LO's for about $240.

BB's is having a tremendous 50% of sale that started a few days ago.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Solid black with nails on the toe and the skull and crossbones symbol on the waist.

Nice! I'd been admiring those Barker Blacks too... they appear to be extremely well-made. You got a great deal!!

minhi

Reaction score
any updates from this weekend? last markdowns at barneys maybe?

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although the sale isn't officially supposed to start for a few more days, Neimans seems to have marked most of its sale items for last call. I picked up a pair of medium grey Incotex flat fronts for about about 60% off. Also, there's a solid grey black label Zegna suit at the Filenes on Wisconsin. It's from Bergdorfs and is marked down to a little over $400, including a 25% off clearance tag. The size is something like a 44R, I think. It's a great looking suit.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neiman-Marcus Last Call runs from July 13-18. I think you can probably have a salesman set aside items you want to buy. Saks Final Cut should take place at the same time.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Neiman-Marcus Last Call runs from July 13-18. I think you can probably have a salesman set aside items you want to buy. Saks Final Cut should take place at the same time.

Yep, but shoes at Sakes probably won't go down much further. NM shoes will, but their selection is paltry, imo.

minhi

Reaction score
Did anyone hit up mazza gallerie this weekend? are we on last markdowns for all the usual suspects? (barneys, niemans, saks)

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saks 5th - Last Call

Borrelli shirt - $75
David Chu shirt - $65
Incotex Pants - $124

NM - Last Call

Nothing, they want $200 a shirt still. Assholes.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
went to georgetown this afternoon:

1) at the RL store in DC - the $695.00 pebble grain marlow/darlton wingtip is down to $269.00 - they didn't have my size, but they did have 10D (and might have other sizes. there might be an extra 30% off - i didn't both to ask if it applied to shoes. I didn't look at the shirts - RLPL is too short for me (I wear a 16 x 36), but there was a rack of the shirts on sale.

2) checked out the Levi's store, Zara, Diesel, Ralph Lauren, Urban Outfitters, Barney's Coop, BR, H&M, J Crew. Bought nothing (although I would have bought those wingtips at RL if they had my size, especially if the 30% applied). Nothing else really jumped out.

3) field's was closed early. i'll have to go back next week to pick up my tailoring, so at the least, i'll get to head back to DC next week, and then will head out to dupont circle to see what's available at BB, Filene's and the AE store (I have to drop off a pair for recrafting). Might check out a few others in that area - including Pink, J Press, Church's and Alden.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I didn't look at the shirts - RLPL is too short for me (I wear a 16 x 36), but there was a rack of the shirts on sale.

I'm pretty sure the Georgetown store doesn't even carry Purple Label stuff. I might be wrong, but I'm almost positive they at least don't carry Purple Label suits and coats.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Georgetown store doesn't even carry Purple Label stuff. I might be wrong, but I'm almost positive they at least don't carry Purple Label suits and coats.

do the RLPL shirts with a purple label and silver script and just a neck size with graduated sleeves? because that's what i saw.

i don't recall seeing any suits and coats, but i wasn't looking at the suits and coats.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They normally don't but there were some there last week.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting that they had RLPL stuff in stock. I generally find the Bethesda store to have a considerably better selection, including black and purple label stuff, that Georgetown usually just doesn't carry. The stores are clearly going after different markets, with Georgetown aiming at the college kids and Bethesda aiming at the Saks and NM crowd.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting that they had RLPL stuff in stock. I generally find the Bethesda store to have a considerably better selection, including black and purple label stuff, that Georgetown usually just doesn't carry. The stores are clearly going after different markets, with Georgetown aiming at the college kids and Bethesda aiming at the Saks and NM crowd.

The RLPL stuff was on a rack in the middle of the room. This makes me think it's just a sale thing.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Filene's on Connecticut today. There was nothing really in the way of shirts/etc. They did, however, recently receive (at least they weren't there last time I was) a couple full racks of Oxxford @ 1199, Luciano Barbera @ 999, and Zegna @ 699. They're also pre-selling for a suit sale they're having soon, which knocks 25% off the aforementioned prices. Not ridiculously great deals, but some decent suits in assorted sizes. Nothing for me, unfortunately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads