1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Washington, DC sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Senior member

Keep the deals coming!

2. pleatedjeans

pleatedjeans Well-Known Member

Billy Reid in Georgetown is having a Warehouse sale this weekend - everything is marked down an additional 25% from the website's prices. So their USA made sportcoats are like 400/450ish bucks and the Italian made ones are 200-300.

1 person likes this.
  3. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

The marshalls in Pentagon city has a island rack of Kiton and Brionis. Mostly SCs in nice patterns. I wanna say that the SCs are between 700 to 1K. The kiton suits may have been in the low 1Ks. Maybe some Zegna suits and SCs thrown in, too. Interesting that they got a whole bunch there. You will usually find just 1 or 2 here/there. I say there are about 20-25 pieces.

2 people like this.
  4. bobbers

bobbers Senior member

A few weeks ago, a new outlet mall opened in Maryland roughly one hour (with no traffic, much more otherwise) northwest of DC. I haven't been there yet, but Clarksburg Premium Outlets has an Allen Edmonds outlet and an Ermenegildo Zegna outlet is coming soon. Perhaps other SF members can let us know if those and other stores are worth the trip; I imagine it will be insane on 270 when holiday season rolls around.

Full list of stores:
    http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/clarksburg/stores

5. bsarosi

bsarosi Senior member

Looks like Hickey Freeman, Boglioli, and Ferragamo will also have outlets

6. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Senior member

Hugh and Crye is offering 40% off for black friday. Code "FIRSTDIBS"

7. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Is this online only or even in person orders? If so, I'll have to pay them a visit next week.

8. razl

razl Senior member

Damn, they've got a Boglioli store.

:drool:

9. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Senior member

I placed the order online for in-store pickup since I live and work in the area. Here is the link to the sale section, sorry for not including it earlier:
    https://www.hughandcrye.com/collections/firstdibs

I picked up one of the OCBDs

10. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Trip report: I went there like a week ago, primarily to check out the AE outlet. I didn't see the Boglioli store. Maybe it's not open yet. The E Zegna store was still under construction. It had the big sign outside the store, though. I went into the H Freeman outlet. A little underwhelming. Had a lot of the white label HFs. I think this means they are canvassed, but made in the USA. There was a mustard colored tag for HF. Never seen that before. Also, they were kinda high priced. eg. a white label suit for $500 to $600. I think they're sale was buy 1 suit/SC at regular price get another for $100. Kind of a hike for me since I'm in Nova. Appreciate if any one reports on any sales.

11. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

Since Syms closed several years ago, my source for Hickey Freeman mainline suits at extremely discounted prices dried up so I turned to eBay and other brands - Corneliani primarily.

I have one outstanding Hickey Freeman loro piana cashmere sport jacket. It was $125 marked down several times at Syms. When I found it I couldn't believe it. An educated consumer was their best customer at Syms. I hope the outlet isn't outlet quality clothing like Polo and others do. I hope it's mainline quality. Zegna and Boglioli should be nice too. I'm in Rockville, so it's just a short trip up 270.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  12. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior member

Hickey freeman was okay. A few mainline but mostly outlet quality. Boglioli wasn't opened yet as far as I could tell. Zegna was okay. But will still run you atleast 1k for a mainline suit or sportscoat. So not cheap still.

1 person likes this.
  13. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Email text from the H Freeman outlet today:

Hickey Freeman is pleased to invite you to our annual sales event at our outlet store located in Clarksburg, Maryland. We are giving you $300 off all single suits, $200 off all single sport coats, and $50 off all single trousers. All suits are originally buy one at our outlet price and get another for just $100, and all sport coats are originally buy one at our outlet price and get another for $50. Please join us in-store to take advantage of this great deals, along with many more amazing in-store savings. Hope to see you very soon!

14. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Senior member

Hmmmm I do need a wedding suit...

15. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

[​IMG]

The Marshalls in Tysons had 3 alden black strap loafers. All for $299. Here's the thing: one them is black shell cordovan. It was an 8D. Too small or I prolly would have picked it up. The other calf ones were smallish and C width, I think. Maybe 7s. Also, they only had the right shoe out. They had the other one under lock and key, I'm sure. Enjoy!

16. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Well, they dropped the price by a cool hundo so I had to pick it up:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. bobbers

bobbers Senior member

The Marshalls in Tysons now has maybe ten pairs of Alden for sale - mostly laceups, not just loafers - in various sizes and widths from $299 now marked down to $199. I didn't see any shell, mostly in black calf but a couple pairs in brown or tan. The shoes show signs of store wear (creasing). My pair:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.