1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Washington, DC sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I believe so. Not cheap enough to flip easily.

2. JibranK

JibranK Senior member

Anything on at the moment?

3. bobbers

bobbers Senior member

Lately I've been to a number of the area Nordstrom Rack locations looking for Allen Edmonds. The same models seem to keep popping up: walnut Clifton, chestnut 6th Avenue, black Neumora double monk, black Bergamo loafer, black Madison Avenue. Prices are $199, and $229 for the Neumora. I even saw Park Avenue a couple places: 10D at 18th& L and 11EEE at Pentagon City. I didn't see any AEs in the clearance section though.

At Potomac Mills Neiman Marcus Last Call, there are some 50% markdowns that might be of interest. I found this Isaia seven fold tie in light blue Prince of Wales check for $51 after discount. A handful of other Isaia seven fold left; I saw some also at Arundel Mills Last Call that might be marked down too. These Paul Smith sunglasses were marked $119 but rang up at $43 after discount.
    [​IMG]

At Potomac Mills Marshalls, there's a Hickey Freeman Madison solid charcoal gray 46L for $249. A great first suit at a great price.

4. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

^^^Thx, Bobbers. Those Mills are a bit of a haul for me but for the right item, I'll plan a trip.

5. bobbers

bobbers Senior member

Some interesting shoes at Marshalls in Rockville / Montrose Road. All show signs of store wear.
    - Scarpe DiBianco balmorals. A little too sleek for my tastes. Smooth black in size 11, and scotch grain brown in size 8 I think; I think they're UK sizes. $380 each.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - Brunello Cucinelii wingtip, size 45, $200, no box
    [​IMG]
    - Boss balmoral shoes in dark burgundy, $299, no box. Seemed a much better quality than the usual Boss you'd find at discount stores, from the line "Supreme Collection" or "Select Collection" or something like that. Sizes 11 and 6, also UK sizes I think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Ambulance Chaser

Where did all the Mitchells/Richards overstock go when Filene's Basement closed? I discovered on Saturday that some of it went to the Marshalls in Pentagon City. Amid the usual dreck (Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Naldini -- WTF?), I found several Cornelianis, a few Kitons, Isaias, and Samuelsohns, and the crown jewel -- a single-breasted, one-button, Brioni tuxedo with grosgrain lapels. I cried a little upon discovering it was one size too large for me. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. mishon

mishon Senior member

How were the prices?

8. Ambulance Chaser

Not great. The Brioni tuxedo was $999.99. I think the Corneliani suits were $400-something and the Kiton suit was $1,800.

9. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

I particularly liked the Isaia sportcoats. Some items had the Marshs tag.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  10. mishon

mishon Senior member

Ouch, quite steep for Marshall's. I may still go this weekend to take a gander.

11. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

This thread lives! I saw a black brioni tux at the Marshalls in Potomac mills. Price was $2000. Did not want to try on due to the temptation factor. And, the post "I'm broke" feeling.

Edit: There was also a navy Kiton SC at the Last call. 2000ish plus 50% off. So, 1K. Buttons in the pockets were black so it my have been an orphan. The jacket was glorious (qtr lined?) but it had a couple of snags.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  12. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

I was wondering where the Filene's stuff went. The TJ Maxx near Metro Center is pretty useless, I've found.

13. bobbers

bobbers Senior member

As noted in the Allen Edmonds thread, pairs of AE are showing up at Burlington Coat Factory for $99-$139. I went to three Northern Virginia locations on Sunday looking in 10.5-11-11.5 and found the following below. It should be noted that except for one, every pair was in not in the marked size section as if someone was hiding these like George Constanza.

Bailey's Crossroads:
    Geary longwing blucher brown cald 11.5D brown in the 10.5 section
    Quinton suede balmoral 8.5 3E in 11 section
    Strand 8.5D in the 12 section
    McTavish 8 in the 11 section

Seven Corners:
    none

Potomac Mills:
    McTavish 9d in the 11 section
    Schautal suede longwing blucher 11d in the 11 section

(unknown name) model 8012 10.5d in the 11.5 section
    An interesting brown longwing blucher
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

The Marshalls in Tysons has a very nice Canali Kei linen blazer with a large check pattern. Sweet. Size is 52 euro, pretty sure. It is red tagged at $289, which is a good price.

There was also an interesting J. Varvatos grey tux by Lardini. Also, a 52 or 42R. Really nice shoulders on it. $299 red tagged, I think.

I picked up a rag/bone navy blazer in a kind of seersucker fabric. $119. I'll try to post pix later.

15. bsarosi

bsarosi Senior member

PSA: Dash's in Old Town, Alexandria is having its annual half-off sale through 8/16. If you're a fan of Italian menswear, they carry Luigi Bianchi Mantova and LBM 1911 in suits, sportcoats, and ties.

Suits will end up being $750-1000 and SCs will be $375-600. They have quite a few ties and PS as well.

1 person likes this.
  16. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

The Marshalls in Tysons Corner has some E zegna pants (made by Incotex) at $129 or so. Also, some B Cuccinelli pants ($249), RL purple label tan pants for 129. Etro Milano pants for $149, i think.

The Last call Neiman in Potomac mills has a B Cuccinelli SC, sz 44, but fits like a 42. Color is dark maroon. It is tagged 2100 but 50% all red tagged stuff.

17. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior member

Marshalls selling 250 dollar pants.... wtf? Do you remember what size the RLPL pants were?
    NMLC in Potomac Mills is selling a Cuccinelli SC for 2100, when it couldn't move a navy kiton SC for less than that for over a year (and refused to make it down further, unless im mistaken). I used to make the drive down there every once in a while, now I'm too lazy.

18. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

I want to say 34 or 36. I've got too many tan pants so didn't really look at them.

That navy kiton may still be there! I didn't look at a certain clearance rack because it was swarmed with tourists.

19. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior member

You might think they'd take the hint that if a product is on the shelf long enough, it might be priced incorrectly.

I hate it how there's stuff good at marshalls because walking into that store is always interesting. Not my favorite place at all. Actually I went there today and gave up. Found a pair of orange purple label silk pants & was tempted but knew 100% silk pants would be 100% frustrating to clean. Lol.

20. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

The marshalls in pentagon city has a bunch of BB1818 Madison fit navy suits (maybe charcoal?). Made by southwick. And, they have the flag lapel pin (just like in BB!). Only Madison cut, no Milano. "Normal" sizes from 38 to 44. $299. Also, some BB golden fleece tuxes, also made by southwick. However, they are 3 button jackets. Same price $299.