• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC sales

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked out Tysons Galleria yesterday and Zegna had some great deals at 70% off. I landed a great pair of shoes and a nice belt. I didn't bother with the racks at NM or Saks - they are an absolute clusterfkcu and I didn't have the patience for it at the time.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy crap. Maybe I'm just naive and they do this every year, but I was at Ralph Lauren at Mazza and they have some serious sales going on. EG boots for 440? Brogues for less. I may head up and splurge on some suede monks.

Purple Label is on sale. Virtually everything is on sale. It's like 50% off then another 30% off.

b

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't believe that RL store sells EG. It might be PL, but I don't think it's EG. Are you sure?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
I don't believe that RL store sells EG. It might be PL, but I don't think it's EG. Are you sure?

Sorry, yes, a correction is due: EG for RL. The salesman said, "they're made by Edward Green."

b

bobbers

Reaction score
Filene's Basement on Connecticut Ave received shipments from Mitchells and Borrelli. A few pairs of Ferragamo and Borrelli shoes in this shipment as well.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a postcard from Gentlemen's Jodhpur in Bethesda

$38 off first pair
$76 off 2nd pair
$114 off 3, 4 5th pair, etc. <- this is money

however, I don't see any shoes online. not sure waht their current status is

X-Calibre

Reaction score
Their service is impeccable. I think that their new location generates zero walk through traffic, my guess is they are on the verge of folding. I'll have to stop by and see what's up.

jojo1

Reaction score
What higher end shoe lines do they carry?

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Just got a postcard from Gentlemen's Jodhpur in Bethesda

$38 off first pair
$76 off 2nd pair
$114 off 3, 4 5th pair, etc. <- this is money

however, I don't see any shoes online. not sure waht their current status is

I used to live Rosedale Park. I wasn't sure how that store stayed in business. I never saw anyone in there.

Wicky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bobbers
Filene's Basement on Connecticut Ave received shipments from Mitchells and Borrelli. A few pairs of Ferragamo and Borrelli shoes in this shipment as well.

What type, which sizes and how much wil they go for?

X-Calibre

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jojo1
What higher end shoe lines do they carry?

It's been a while, I feel like it was mostly italian, not british or american but this could have changed. I mostly got Bruno Magli there. I know they do have a good selection of lucchese boots
biggrin.gif

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Although I live in Baltimore, most of my clients used to be in and around the DC area and so I used to spend a lot of time over there. For many years I was absolutely addicted to Lorenzo Banfi shoes (primarily loafers) and I purchased most of them from Gentlemen's Jodhpur (they always carried one of the largest selections of Banfi to be found anywhere). This was back when they had a couple of stores and most of my time was spent at their White Flint store (back in the days when White Flint was a terrific, &quot;premium&quot; AAA mall).

Banfi's are soooo comfortable...but eventually I discovered that I really needed more support and I stopped buying them (and started wearing ankle boots). But not before I had acquired nearly 50 pairs of Banfi's (at $400-650/pair). By the time GJ moved out of White Flynt and Montgomery Mall and relocated to Tysons 2, I had pretty much moved on to wearing Paciotti, Prada, Versace (made by Paciotti), and the like.

I'm still on GJ's mailing list and so I also received the sale notice. I've been meaning to pay a visit to their remaining store (in Bethesda)..just never got around to it. Maybe this sale will give me the incentive I need to get over there.. If nothing else I would like to stop in and say &quot;hi&quot; to Grayling (the store manager). He's been with them &quot;forever&quot; and is one, super guy!

Dennis

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wicky
What type, which sizes and how much wil they go for?

As far as Borrelli, they had a number of suede loafers that were not particularly attractive. These were around $400. They had some pretty sleek 3 or 4 eyelet brown derbies that were made by Sutor and retailed for about $2,000. These were marked down to $700. They were mostly in sizes 9 and up. They had a few other styles here and there. All prices were $400 plus.

bobbers

Reaction score
The other two DC locations also received some stuff from Mitchell's. The FB at National Press Bulding has some shirts but that's about it. The Friendship Heights locations has a shirts, suits, and pants but no shoes.

Items from last fall's Vault shipment are now 70% off. A couple Hickey Freeman suits remain at $270. A couple Borrelli belts sized 110 and 115 cm are down to $21. Two or three Borrelli ties are left at $21 as well, though in colors not to my taste (nor did I think I could flip them).

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bobbers
A couple Borrelli belts sized 110 and 115 cm are down to $21.

Which location had the belts and where in the store were they located? What styles?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads