1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Washington, DC sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Jul 12, 2006.

1. elite123

elite123 Senior member

Report from P-Mills yesterday -

Saks Off 5th was picked through well - however I was able to snag a pair of brown Etro slacks and a Isaia striped shirt together for ~ 150 after 30%!

Marshalls - nothing worth mentioning

TJ Maxx - picked over - nothing

RL Polo - bought a pair of Polo brown slacks on 75% discount, but nothing else worth mentioning. They haven't updated their clearance items in over 3 weeks.

That's all I visited - hopefully some of you all did well this weekend

2. rick1977

rick1977 Well-Known Member

Brooks Brothers: Summer suits for 179 (reg 229, I think). I got a tan one that looks amazing. I think it was a great buy.

Thanks for detailed report! On the tan suit, was it cotton or a lightweight wool? I'm assuming it was a 346 label. Notice any 42 Ls? [​IMG]

3. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Thanks for detailed report! On the tan suit, was it cotton or a lightweight wool? I'm assuming it was a 346 label. Notice any 42 Ls? [​IMG]

It's not wool, I know that. I'll check when I get home. (I just looked at the website and don't see it there.)

As for sizes, they had a lot, I have to say. At least 20 of them hanging there, in a range of sizes. I did not however, notice a 42L in particular.

b

4. WestIndianArchie

WestIndianArchie Senior member

Brooks Brothers: Summer suits for 179 (reg 229, I think). I got a tan one that looks amazing. I think it was a great buy. They also had blue and brown seersucker. I tried the brown seersucker, but something about it just looks wrong. I already own blue. Then there was another neutral shade and a blue in cotton. The solid (non-seersuckers) seem to have a little stretch to them, fwiw. They have shoes marked down too. Some dirty suede bucks that look nice. I tried one on and it wasn't too comfortable. 199 if memory serves. Many pairs of ugly blue casula shoes. Bunches of mocs too.

And we went into Le Creuset, W-S, C&B, etc. There's always great stuff to get in these places. Actually, now that I say that, C&B was pretty sparse.

b

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatS...Section_Id=419

^^These. I'll leave work right now for that linen suit.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&Parent_Id=305
    ^^or this one

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I haven't seen the suits rdawson is speaking about specifically, but generally in the past the summer suits at the outlets (esp at this time of year) are cotton blend 346 models. They're certainly serviceable, and I always consider one and never buy it.

6. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

Report from P-Mills yesterday - Saks Off 5th was picked through well - however I was able to snag a pair of brown Etro slacks and a Isaia striped shirt together for ~ 150 after 30%! Marshalls - nothing worth mentioning TJ Maxx - picked over - nothing RL Polo - bought a pair of Polo brown slacks on 75% discount, but nothing else worth mentioning. They haven't updated their clearance items in over 3 weeks. That's all I visited - hopefully some of you all did well this weekend
    Those are the same stores I go to at Potomac Mills, with the addition of Nordstrom's Rack (where I usually have the most luck of all!)

7. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&Parent_Id=305
    ^^or this one

It might be this one. On the page there it says sale price 224, which is what these were, but then marked down again to 178.

Definitely no linen. I would have loved that.

Now that I think of it, they also had a rack of these quite heavy cotton-feeling herringbone suits. Think jungle safari suit or something. Pleated behind the shoulder blades like a shirt might be pleated. They were 40% off the $799 or so price.

b

8. WestIndianArchie

It might be this one. On the page there it says sale price 224, which is what these were, but then marked down again to 178.

Now that I think of it, they also had a rack of these quite heavy cotton-feeling herringbone suits. Think jungle safari suit or something. Pleated behind the shoulder blades like a shirt might be pleated. They were 40% off the $799 or so price.

b

Haha, I bought that one last year I believe (in July). Wore it last week actually.

It's much heavier (and warmer) than I think it should be. But I guess they don't make suits out of "shirt cotton".

9. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

b

yeah, i think i saw those last summer. did they come with a half belt in the back?

10. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

yeah, i think i saw those last summer. did they come with a half belt in the back?

Do you mean the cotton herringbone? If so, I'm afriad I didn't notice. I did notice that it felt nice, was an interesting look (in a good way) and that I thought it'd be hotter than hell for the summer.

In other news, the suit I did buy is a 346 line, cotton/poly blend, 3 button.

b

11. elite123

elite123 Senior member

Those are the same stores I go to at Potomac Mills, with the addition of Nordstrom's Rack (where I usually have the most luck of all!)

Good call! I usually make a stop out to the NR, but focused more of my attention at Off 5th due to the discount and the fact I got there extremely late.

12. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

did anyone score a good name brand suit or sportsjacket? I missed the last sale at Off 5th due to taking up other hobbies so I stayed away as to not get tempted[​IMG] but wanted to know if they had a good selection of Canalis or Zegnas in the slimmer sizes (40/42)

13. lmentop

lmentop New Member

Marshall's on 7 by tysons has a navy 2 button RLPL suit, size 40R, cuff buttons in the inside pocket.

$999 though!

14. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Marshall's on 7 by tysons has a navy 2 button RLPL suit, size 40R, cuff buttons in the inside pocket.

$999 though!

you can get better deals at the RL outlets.

I actually saw a nice Corneliani SC (42R) at that same Marshalls. Price was around $400, IIRC. They occasionally get some good stuff but Marshall's is more likely to correctly price something rather than let something "slip through the cracks" like TJMaxx does on multiple occassions.

15. HATORI HANZO

HATORI HANZO Senior member

I know you guys probably dont really like Nordstrom, but it pays the bills for me. Anyway the mens half yearly is coming up and I have the list for the shoes that will be 30% off. PM me or email me at chefjones76@gmail.com . I will tell you guys right now that a handgrade santoni will be offered in three colors for around $500.

16. minhi

minhi Senior member

hi, just a note, stopped by the barneys in mazza on saturday, the sale stuff is at 40% off, but it's pretty slim, a lot of theory stuff, a few marc jacobs things. jeans are on sale a few pair of nudie (mostly black or heavily washed) for $160 ish (IIRC), as well as some e.sewn, 7fam, coh, jeans. nothing really worth making the trip, sizes are really limited, i shop for smalls and i only found a few of those sizes (even counting stuff i was not interested in). other news, i live near the loehmanns on route 50 and visit regularly, i noticed a few pair of varvatos sunglasses ($75) and 1-2 pair of dior homme sunglasses ($100), the dior ones are a little over the top, very similiar to these at bluefly http://bluefly.com/pages/products/de...&Nu=Product+ID first time i've seen glasses at this end of the scale there, usually it's just armani, miu miu etc.

17. DuncanM

DuncanM Well-Known Member

I know you guys probably dont really like Nordstrom,

Quite a few of us regular the half yearly mens sales there.

18. WestIndianArchie

I know you guys probably dont really like Nordstrom, but it pays the bills for me. Anyway the mens half yearly is coming up and I have the list for the shoes that will be 30% off. PM me or email me at chefjones76@gmail.com . I will tell you guys right now that a handgrade santoni will be offered in three colors for around $500.

When is it?

I could always use a new suit.

19. HATORI HANZO

HATORI HANZO Senior member

The 13th of june. If anybody is coming for shoes or mens furnishings ask for Greg in mens shoes please. You guys can pre-shop and pay as soon as the mark-down hits in the system, which should be in the next few days.

20. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Anything happening?

I was going to hit the Conn Ave FB and BB and then the Mazza FB but didn't get around to it (long story).

b