• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, dc sales going on now

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filene's: Today (June 9), they started a "father's day" sale. All suits and some blazers in the store are at least 25% off. Some are 40% off. Interestingly, the best suits/blazers are on the 40% off racks, including all the stuff from Bergdorf's and Barney's. Among 3 jackets I picked up was a 100% cashmere Luciano Barbera blazer and a great Colombo cashmere/silk/linen (50/30/20) casual jacket (both about 90% off the Bergdorf-Goodman's original retail price). Once again, Filene's has the best deals in town.

Neiman Marcus: "First Call" sale starts today. 25-50% off tons of awesome shirts, pants, suits, etc. Kiton, Incotex, Oxxford, Borrelli, Charvet, T&A, etc. So, $270 Borrelli shirts that were marked down to $225 are now @$175. Still pricey, esp. compared to many Borrelli's (and Kiton's, T&A's, etc.) that can easily be found on EBay. I'm waiting for the "Last Call" sale, which should start in about 3 weeks I think.

Saks: 25% off a decent amount of shirts/pants. Some Borrelli and Lorenzini shirts. Not as much stuff as NM.

Allen Edmonds: Store on K Street -- 25% all discontinued models, starting today.

Happy shopping

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.  I presume that you are referring to the Saks/Neiman's at Mazza Gallerie and the Filene's on Connecticut Avenue.  Alas, having just purchased a home, my money will be going to Theodore's, the "Neiman Marcus" of furniture.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
waiting for Last Call before I visit... hoping Filene's will still be having a good sale and good items left...

bslo

Reaction score
I was in Filene's this afternoon (Conn. Ave.). They don't have much at all left on the additional 40% off rack. I did, however, see a beautiful gray Luciano Barbera suit that is on sale for $600 (it still has the $3,000 Bergdorf price tag). Size 42 (52 European). It seemed to be the only one in the store. I also saw a size 46 black Corneliani Linea Sartoria suit on sale for $375 (there might be more than one--I didn't check very carefully).

The good stuff certainly goes quickly. The first day of the sale I did manage to snag a beautiful cashmere Belvest sport coat for $250 ($2,400 Bergdorf tag) and a Sartoria Castangia sport coat for $150 ($1,300 Bergdorf tag).

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seeing all these cheap prices compared to the retail pricings I wonder do the department stores take a monetary loss?

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I expect their markup (Bergdorf's, Barney's, N-M, etc.) is huge from what they pay the manufacturer, so they make money even at 50% off. Now, 75+% off, who knows. Also, I assume there are so many people who pay full retail that this makes up for any losses or decreased profits on sale items.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads