• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WASHINGTON, DC MEETUP: WEDNESDAY, 3/18

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey boys, too bad I couldn't make it...

I do have a PSA for us: I was talking to Aram who owns AH One shoes in Springfield and he's selling G&G MTO's with the old price plus 20% off

The awesome part is, you can do single orders - doesn't have to be group.

It'll be good until 4/12

You can do the MTO online in his site, just make sure you call in.

MODS: let me know if I'm breaking rules here, I'll take it down asap.

How long has the store been in existence? I've heard bad things about opening high end stores in the suburbs.

ianGP

Reaction score

How long has the store been in existence? I've heard bad things about opening high end stores in the suburbs.

Few months, tops. His business is relatively new but he's been in the industry awhile.

I'm not sure if he co-owned but he worked with his brother who owns Sky Valet in Georgetown, they've been around awhile.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ouch, I had a bad experience at sky valet.

Care to share? I wasn't too impressed when I went in. My impression was they get a lot of looky-loos because they weren't really jumping to help try anything on or offer much customer service.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, I wanted to buy some EG MTO so I went to the store to get measured. I waited until he finished with a customer before speaking up. When I did he became extremely rude and refused me service and told me I wasn't going to buy anything.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see no point in going to a store to get measured and then buying somewhere else when they carry the product I want. I made it perfectly known that I wanted to buy some shoes after he told me getting measured was reserved for paying customers.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, ok. I was going to say I could understand in the case of the former, but if you made clear your intention to buy shoes I don't know what the problem was. I was over in Springfield last night but didn't have time to drop in. I'll be back next week and take a look.

Last edited:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, ok. I was going to say I could understand in the case of the former

:butbut: He was blatantly rude from the get go which was very off putting. They are a brick and mortar store who's job is to SERVICE customer's. They can't talk to people that way and expect to sell high end shoes to ALL customers.

Trqmaster

Reaction score
Here is their selection at AH One Shoes. Been there a few times and Aram is really helpful. He definitely wants business!

ianGP

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd say there's a difference between service from AH One and Sky Valet.

Aram's a pleasant guy to deal with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads