1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Washington, DC Filene's Basement

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kabert, Apr 26, 2005.

1. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

Folks, if you're in DC and you like Borrelli, put down the phone and get over to a DC Filene's. Everything that still seemed a little pricey 2-3 months ago when all the Borrelli arrived is now 50% off. And, there's still a huge amount of it left - - the sale started yesterday apparently. There are dozens of Borrelli shirts, slacks, and shorts. I also saw a size 42R Borrelli suit. I was tempted to pull a Paul Stuart, but instead walked away with the following more limited haul of Borrelli:

2 pr. cotton shorts for $37.50 each.

1 shirt for $75

1 100% cashmere navy blue blazer for $745. (Still expensive (orig. retail was $3,400), but fit perfectly and was just too amazing to pass up)

I very nearly bought another shirt and several pairs of slacks. All the wool slacks (original retail $390-495) are selling for $85. Cotton slacks are even less.

On top of Borrelli, there's loads of Barney's label stuff going for next to nothing (think original Barney's price for shirt or sweater=$125; orig. Filene's price was $40; price now=$20.). I also saw some Lorenzini; Malo; Hickey-Freeman; Armani; Corneliani; lots of Canali suits; etc.

There's also a new rack (new to me anyway) of "fashion" clothes -- loads of D&G and Versace Couture and Cavalli (with an few enticing Borrelli and other shirts, etc. mixed in for fun). This stuff is not yet further marked down, though one Borrelli shirt was so nice I nearly "bit."

Finally, Filene's is having its suit event right now, so the 3 racks of Oxxford suits that are originally $999 are now 20% off of that (25% if you buy 3 suits).

2. bryce330

bryce330 Senior Member

Thanks Kabert - is this the Conn. Ave. Filene's?

3. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

Thanks for the update, kabert.  Just got my Virginia state tax refund (processed in one week.), and it looks like I can make good use of it.

4. kabert

It is Conn. Ave. that I went to, but I'm sure the Mazza store has the same deal. I'd avoid National Press as they never had Borrelli to begin with (although I suppose they might have some other items at 50% off).

5. Mr Checks

Mr Checks Senior Member

Must.......not........drive........to..........DC.........for........more..........shoppin
    g............wife...........ready............to.......
    leave.............me..............

Seriously, I had my hands on two Borrelli shirts at $150 each and just couldn't do it.

You are killing me as I am now 600 miles away.

6. regularjoe

regularjoe Senior Member

Has the stuff been moved to a clearance rack or is it still on the rack near the counter?

7. kabert

The 50% off items are on three different racks on the second floor, near the front of the second floor space, next to the 3 Oxxford suit racks.

8. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Distinguished Member

Checks,
    Might I suggest requesting a broke student who has a love for clothes "mule" a few Borrelli shirts from the Conn store?  I've done this before in the past on my own shopping trips, and its a great benefit to all parties involved.

cheers,

Norcal "homeless in 2 months" transplant

9. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

[​IMG] sounds like a good haul, particularly the blazer

10. HeyYouItsMike

HeyYouItsMike Well-Known Member

The NYC Filene's are crap. There are NEVER deals like that. (though I haven't been to the one on the UWS yet...)

11. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

It's no good.

12. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

I went to Filene's (Connecticut Avenue) last night after work. Â Unfortunately, nothing in my size (40R, medium) was worth buying. Â Hey, maybe Filene's is prejudiced against me. Â [​IMG]

13. Mr Checks

Mr Checks Senior Member

NorCal: I just splurged on shoes, so I've gotta lay low until my summer teaching job kicks in, but that's a good suggestion to keep in mind next time.

14. kabert

Anyone been to the Filene's at Mazza Gallerie yet?

15. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

If anyone is interested, I think that the Newton FB store has two Kiton cashmere sportcoats for $625 right now. From Louis Boston. Quarter lined, loden green with patch pockets. I think they have like a size 42 and size 44, or something along those lines.