• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Washing Incotex?

izlat

Reaction score
I just got a pair of wool Incotex trousers and the label says "dry clean only" - has anyone tried to wash them and what were the results?

tbabes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by izlat
I just got a pair of wool Incotex trousers and the label says "dry clean only" - has anyone tried to wash them and what were the results?

I would strongly suggest that when necessary, you have these wool trousers professionally dry cleaned!

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or you could try it yourself and let us know how it goes...

i will not be held liable for any damage, etc.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say you'd be fine washing the slacks if they were cotton or linen, even if they say DCO, as long as you line-dry them. But, NOT if they're wool, as are yours. I've never done so and wouldn't want to try. Of course, you don't have to get them dry cleaned each time you wear them - - I think most people go several wears before dry cleaning, with some pressing in between (either with a hand-iron or telling your cleaners to "press only" (which is cheaper than dry cleaning)).

lpresq

Reaction score
If you're planning to give the trousers to a leprechaun or someone of similar stature.....

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol dont wash wool. you can definitely wash the cotton ones though, and i even through a pair in the washer, and it was totally fine

izlat

Reaction score
thanks for the funnies

yes, I have washed multiple wool items - sweaters, T-shirts, and some pants. Dry cleaning is a hassle that I don't always want to deal with

muat admit some sweaters have suffered
but it's just clothes, right

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
instructions are there so you don't ruin your clothes!

dopamine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by izlat
thanks for the funnies

yes, I have washed multiple wool items - sweaters, T-shirts, and some pants. Dry cleaning is a hassle that I don't always want to deal with

muat admit some sweaters have suffered
but it's just clothes, right

Just clothes, eh? Would you throw a $6000 bespoke wool suit in the washing machine?

izlat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopamine
Just clothes, eh? Would you throw a $6000 bespoke wool suit in the washing machine?

nope, of course - but I didn't pay any comparable amount for the pants. If someone here had said he's done it without much ill effect, I'd risk it - if the need arises, I mean. Otherwise - if I am able to plan in advance, of course I'd take them for professional cleaning.

Btw, some designer clothes I have ruined in the past (drycleaning) had care instructions to the effect "Air only" or something. I was stupid to buy them, of course...

wqvong

Reaction score
Its ok to wash them but make sure you hang dry them. The only side effect i get its the lining inside gets wrinkle.

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you who wash your expensive cotton pants in the laundry machine... do you size up from your normal waist size when purchasing pants?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 235 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.7%
  • 31 - 40