Washing Dry Denim Early/Often

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Kewan, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Kewan

Kewan Member

Due to many drunken incidents involving mud and other random crap I've been forced to cold wash my Nudie RRDS 3 times in the 15 weeks I've had them. I don't have access to a camera to post pictures ,but they have some decent creases worn in the thighs and okay honeycombs are still quite dark blue, but the contrast isn't really that high. I'm somewhat disappointed with them, but have no plans to quit wearing them as often as I do (~5-6 times a week). Is there any hope for them to turn out nicely even if I keep up my reckless and drunken ways?

2. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

Don't worry about it the jeans will look great. The more beer and liquor spilled on the jeans the mo' better the jeans will be.

3. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Don't worry about it the jeans will look great. The more beer and liquor spilled on the jeans the mo' better the jeans will be.
    Or bloodstains from the time you had to fight off those four muggers or perhaps the stains from that diet fresca you got spilled on you at the last Ricky Martin show... I've seen Nudie repeatedly say that those jeans are meant to take a beating and still get faded in. I'll believe them.

4. Flame

Flame Senior member

Keep in mind Spetazzura, or whatever it spelled. Meaning care less about what you wear. [​IMG]

5. familyman

familyman Senior member

The wear in jeans should reflect your life. If your life requires you to wash them more because it's a little less tame than those that can go a year without washing then good for you. Wear your jeans hard, wash when they need it, let them age as they will.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The wear in jeans should reflect your life. If your life requires you to wash them more because it's a little less tame than those that can go a year without washing then good for you. Wear your jeans hard, wash when they need it, let them age as they will.

Agree completely. No need to be a clone.

7. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

ive been washing my jeans almost once a week because of the amount of sweat and dirt i get on them from skating. after a week they smell so bad and feel so bad against my skin that i cant take it. the areas of wear are fading and the areas that dont get much are not. im sure they wont look like some that have gone a year without a wash, but the way im wearing them i doubt they will last a year anyways, not because they are cheap, but because i beat the shit out of them.

8. Kewan

Kewan Member

ive been washing my jeans almost once a week because of the amount of sweat and dirt i get on them from skating. after a week they smell so bad and feel so bad against my skin that i cant take it. the areas of wear are fading and the areas that dont get much are not. im sure they wont look like some that have gone a year without a wash, but the way im wearing them i doubt they will last a year anyways, not because they are cheap, but because i beat the shit out of them.

I'm with you 100%. I work in a hot ass factory full-time during the week and then get rowdy and drunk off my ass all weekend running into random shit and falling down, so its not that they're not getting wear. These are my first venture into dry denim and since they don't look like most jeans on here I wasn't quite sure if I was doing it right. I'm thinking of getting some SS Dry Flame Selvage here soon that I'll probably be more tame with and see if I can hold out for awhile before washing.