• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Washing Dry Denim Early/Often

Kewan

Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Due to many drunken incidents involving mud and other random crap I've been forced to cold wash my Nudie RRDS 3 times in the 15 weeks I've had them. I don't have access to a camera to post pictures ,but they have some decent creases worn in the thighs and okay honeycombs are still quite dark blue, but the contrast isn't really that high. I'm somewhat disappointed with them, but have no plans to quit wearing them as often as I do (~5-6 times a week). Is there any hope for them to turn out nicely even if I keep up my reckless and drunken ways?
 

rnrswitch

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
417
Reaction score
0
Don't worry about it the jeans will look great. The more beer and liquor spilled on the jeans the mo' better the jeans will be.
 

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
18,144
Reaction score
190
Originally Posted by rnrswitch
Don't worry about it the jeans will look great. The more beer and liquor spilled on the jeans the mo' better the jeans will be.
Or bloodstains from the time you had to fight off those four muggers or perhaps the stains from that diet fresca you got spilled on you at the last Ricky Martin show... I've seen Nudie repeatedly say that those jeans are meant to take a beating and still get faded in. I'll believe them.
 

Flame

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
1,700
Reaction score
56
Keep in mind Spetazzura, or whatever it spelled. Meaning care less about what you wear.
 

familyman

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2005
Messages
219
Reaction score
1
The wear in jeans should reflect your life. If your life requires you to wash them more because it's a little less tame than those that can go a year without washing then good for you. Wear your jeans hard, wash when they need it, let them age as they will.
 

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
48,027
Reaction score
22,495
Originally Posted by familyman
The wear in jeans should reflect your life. If your life requires you to wash them more because it's a little less tame than those that can go a year without washing then good for you. Wear your jeans hard, wash when they need it, let them age as they will.

Agree completely. No need to be a clone.
 

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
1,890
Reaction score
70
ive been washing my jeans almost once a week because of the amount of sweat and dirt i get on them from skating. after a week they smell so bad and feel so bad against my skin that i cant take it. the areas of wear are fading and the areas that dont get much are not. im sure they wont look like some that have gone a year without a wash, but the way im wearing them i doubt they will last a year anyways, not because they are cheap, but because i beat the shit out of them.
 

Kewan

Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
ive been washing my jeans almost once a week because of the amount of sweat and dirt i get on them from skating. after a week they smell so bad and feel so bad against my skin that i cant take it. the areas of wear are fading and the areas that dont get much are not. im sure they wont look like some that have gone a year without a wash, but the way im wearing them i doubt they will last a year anyways, not because they are cheap, but because i beat the shit out of them.

I'm with you 100%. I work in a hot ass factory full-time during the week and then get rowdy and drunk off my ass all weekend running into random shit and falling down, so its not that they're not getting wear. These are my first venture into dry denim and since they don't look like most jeans on here I wasn't quite sure if I was doing it right. I'm thinking of getting some SS Dry Flame Selvage here soon that I'll probably be more tame with and see if I can hold out for awhile before washing.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

  • Disposable surgical mask

  • White cotton mask

  • Linen-lined mask

  • "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

  • Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

  • Solid color silk mask

  • "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

  • Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

  • Denim mask

  • Face shield


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
442,595
Messages
9,560,070
Members
199,984
Latest member
sghrcbvt
Top