• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washing Arc'teryx Veilance field jacket...

Rodders

Reaction score
Just a quick one. Anyone ever washed a Veilance field jacket? Mines getting a bit grubby on the neck.

Advice welcome.

Danke

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
check the tag?

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
it's made of 3L GoreTex Proshell right? Look on the Arcteryx website for washing instructions on their other 3L gore stuff and it should be the same. If it's not there, look on the goretex website and it should tell you. It shouldn't be any different than washing any other high end 3L gore shell.

Geste

Reaction score
...cold water, gentle wash, & non-bleach detergent......thats what i wash mine in and my alpha SV

TintoTerra

Reaction score
The arcteryx veilance website actually has instructions I believe. Also the tag in the front left pocket should say.

It just says 'don't use fabric softener. Rinse twice.' So I guess it's machine washable. I'd be scared to wash mine tbh.

brimley

Reaction score

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always handwash Gore Tex with Nikwax Tech Wash.

chinst09

Reaction score
on the arc'teryx veilance website, there are care instructions that is very useful.

i washed me veilance shell with a cap full of granger's performance wash and threw it in the dryer.

blklblk

Reaction score
I spot clean my Alpha SV with a microfiber cloth and warm water..

Brinbro

Reaction score
If you're worried enough to post a thread you might want to look at a respectable dry cleaner in your area. Although I've never had a garment made out of gore-tex, I assume you can dry clean it and at the very least they should be knowledgable enough to give you some advice on washing it at home.

sclemmons

Reaction score
Do not dry clean it. That is a big mistake.

Just wash it gently with the Grangers and it will do fine. Rinse twice. Use a warm dryer for about 15 minutes to restore the DWR finish. Good to go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads