• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washable linen pants?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's a good source (preferably online) for washable linen pants? I really like the way they look, and it is much more convenient to wash them at home than to constantly take them to the dry cleaners.

Jon.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's a good source (preferably online) for washable linen pants? I really like the way they look, and it is much more convenient to wash them at home than to constantly take them to the dry cleaners.

Jon.
Land's End.

I'm wearing a pair right now.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have the same question about grey wool flannel trousers, or tweed. any recommendations for home-washable ones?

/andrew

regularjoe

Reaction score
i have the same question about grey wool flannel trousers, or tweed. any recommendations for home-washable ones?

/andrew
I don't think wool is washable like that.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jon.
I've machine washed my Incotex/Mabitex/Loro Piana linen pants (of course, the more casual types) with no problems.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(imageWIS @ 07 July 2004, 9:47) What's a good source (preferably online) for washable linen pants? I really like the way they look, and it is much more convenient to wash them at home than to constantly take them to the dry cleaners. Jon.
I've machine washed my Incotex/Mabitex/Loro Piana linen pants (of course, the more casual types) with no problems.
How did you dry them? Because, the primary reason I am looking for washable linen pants is that I am not only able to wash them, but to dry them in the dryer (tumble dry at the lowest setting). Of course, it is possible to launder at home linen items that say "˜Dry Clean Only' on the tag (how else did people clean linen before the invent of dry-cleaning?), but it's a ever-demanding task, especially since I am unable to dry the linen item in the dryer (for fear of sever shrinkage). Jon.

itzamazing

Reaction score
I wouldn't spend too much on linen and stick to staples like Banana Republic and JCREW online. These are all washable and at BR, they usually have a linen/cotton blend which does not wrinkle as heavily. Also smartbargains.com usually gets some designer ones at a discount.

Club Monaco (not online) usually has a nice selection as well.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(T4phage @ 08 July 2004, 03:14)
Originally Posted by imageWIS,07 July 2004, 9:47
What's a good source (preferably online) for washable linen pants? I really like the way they look, and it is much more convenient to wash them at home than to constantly take them to the dry cleaners. Jon.
How did you dry them? Because, the primary reason I am looking for washable linen pants is that I am not only able to wash them, but to dry them in the dryer (tumble dry at the lowest setting). Of course, it is possible to launder at home linen items that say "˜Dry Clean Only' on the tag (how else did people clean linen before the invent of dry-cleaning?), but it's a ever-demanding task, especially since I am unable to dry the linen item in the dryer (for fear of sever shrinkage). Jon.
Hang dry, and with your weather there in Florida, they should dry in 1-2 hours
biggrin.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(imageWIS @ 08 July 2004, 4:55)
Originally Posted by T4phage,08 July 2004, 03:14
Originally Posted by imageWIS,07 July 2004, 9:47
What's a good source (preferably online) for washable linen pants? I really like the way they look, and it is much more convenient to wash them at home than to constantly take them to the dry cleaners. Jon.

Hang dry, and with your weather there in Florida, they should dry in 1-2 hours
biggrin.gif

Yeah...until it rains (summer is the rainy season)... Jon.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend too much on linen and stick to staples like Banana Republic and JCREW online. These are all washable and at BR, they usually have a linen/cotton blend which does not wrinkle as heavily. Also smartbargains.com usually gets some designer ones at a discount.

Club Monaco (not online) usually has a nice selection as well.
The whole point in buying linen is that it will wrinkle. RL Polo linen items used to (or still do?) have a tag inside that said something like: "100% linen, guaranteed to wrinkle" and that really the whole point.

I don't like J. Crews clothing items, as well I have seen the cotton / linen Banana Republic pants that you are writing about and I did not like them when I saw them at the store. Although, I did see 100% linen pants at BR, but they utilize a drawstring closure; and the drawstrings are way too thick, plus they are a new item, so I don't think I want to spend the $68 on BR pants (theory on the other hand...), maybe when they go on sale.

Jon.

Eric

Reaction score
I have a white pair of linen pants from H&M that fit great and only set me back 30 bucks. I also was able to wash them without any shrinkage (damn hard to keep whites clean, arghh)

Eric

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found a pair of white lightweight linen pants by theory, on sale at NM, they are size 30 though (they will need to be sized down)...but they are washable and can be thrown in the dryer.

Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads