1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Was the Diesel Kratt the original premium repro?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, Jun 17, 2007.

1. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

^^I am guessing those are from Diesel Denim Gallery...

Im not really familiar with those but if im spending that much on jeans the only brand that really sticks out in my head is Kohzo

2. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

you can't use the MSRP as supporting evidence that it's good. gimme something else.

3. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

^^^ All the 150 dollar kratts ive bought 7 years ago and worn for years have been holding up. Not a single hole or anything. I used to rotate them for a few years. There branding and fading sucks now a days but the quality is still very good. Just because you guys love japanese denim companies and hate True Religions doesnt mean Diesel quality should suck

4. ruben

ruben Well-Known Member

IIRC, wasn't diesel one of the first premium denim makers (along w/gloria vanderbuilt, aka anderson cooper's mother)?

They're not my cup of tea, but it think all the 'hate' for diesel here is party because they're fairly mainstream, and partly due to the product.

5. visionology

visionology Well-Known Member

Haha I remember in grade school when all the kids lusted over Guess jeans. If you had the ? mark on your pocket you were hot shit and went for a super premium $75 which was unheard of for most kids who grew up with their parents buying $20 levis.

6. boost

boost Member

arent these one of Kiya's most favorite pair of denim? i remember him posting awhile back. and being a denim guru as he is, i wouldnt argue about its overall quality[​IMG]

7. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

I agree about the denim quality of most of their jeans. The lighter weight ones feel kinda crappy, but if they still made the Kratt, and had the branding as subtle as they used to (it may be easily recognized, but it certainly wasn't gaudy), I'd still be buying them. I have one pair of Diesels I still wear (though not as much as some other jeans), they're a pair of Vikers in a super dark blue that looks almost like it's raw or coated with resin. I like the fact that they have a bit of stretch, I fly a lot and they're an ideal travel jean.