• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Was my Tailor trying to scam me?

TheDiesel

Reaction score
Im on Vacay right now, but something urgent came up and I needed a spanking brand new suit. So I flew in some tailor that lived in California. He was good and new his stuff, but he seemed kind of idk.. He said since you're going to be going to a party, I suggest you buy an Ultra Layer for your suit. I've never heard of this, and i have around 100 suits, with appx 40% Bespoke. He said it is literally invisible and if something spills on your suit, it wont get messed up, because it is absorbed .

Cost:

430$

Scam?

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im bored with your threads

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where did this ****** emerge from,somebody ban this troll.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tend to believe you thread is the scam. You own 100 suits (40 of which are bespoke), you flew a specific tailor to your location and you're afraid he's screwing you? You're either not a real person or you're a clown worthy of paying an extra $430 for the Emperor's New Clothes Protector.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
troll-web.jpg

skeen

Reaction score
WTH? Is this guy for real...?

indy116

Reaction score
Undercharged by $500. Send it to me and I'll get it to the tailor.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Is somebody going to bring up the Seinfeld episode where Puddy forces Jerry to buy the rust-proof undercoating for his new car, or do I have to?

satorstyle

Reaction score
Dude there are average to extremely wealthy folk on this forum, but no one has pinned their wealth on their sleeve like your post. It's getting a little ridiculous.

jtoddaz

Reaction score
Hey this reminds me of something. Does anyone know where to find a replacement hubcap for my "08 Phantom?"

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I added "flying in your own tailor who is 'idk' and 'new his stuff' to the list of "Expensive Things That Just Don't Make Sense" thread that was also started by TheDiesel. I bet he owns a Diesel watch.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
couldn't find a suit out of the 100 that you own?

Jferg4350

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Is somebody going to bring up the Seinfeld episode where Puddy forces Jerry to buy the rust-proof undercoating for his new car, or do I have to?

Is he charging a finders fee for the suit?

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
couldn't find a suit out of the 100 that you own?

Dude, read the post closely. He was on Vacay! C'mon. Stop asking stupid questions. Don't waste the OP's time. He's too important to have to waste his time with people like you!

Why do you think he flew in the tailor? Duh! C'mon!

EDIT: I'm being sarcastic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads