• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Was my Tailor trying to scam me?

TheDiesel

Reaction score
Im on Vacay right now, but something urgent came up and I needed a spanking brand new suit. So I flew in some tailor that lived in California. He was good and new his stuff, but he seemed kind of idk.. He said since you're going to be going to a party, I suggest you buy an Ultra Layer for your suit. I've never heard of this, and i have around 100 suits, with appx 40% Bespoke. He said it is literally invisible and if something spills on your suit, it wont get messed up, because it is absorbed .

Cost:

430$

Scam?

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im bored with your threads

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where did this fucker emerge from,somebody ban this troll.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tend to believe you thread is the scam. You own 100 suits (40 of which are bespoke), you flew a specific tailor to your location and you're afraid he's screwing you? You're either not a real person or you're a clown worthy of paying an extra $430 for the Emperor's New Clothes Protector.

skeen

Reaction score
WTH? Is this guy for real...?

indy116

Reaction score
Undercharged by $500. Send it to me and I'll get it to the tailor.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is somebody going to bring up the Seinfeld episode where Puddy forces Jerry to buy the rust-proof undercoating for his new car, or do I have to?

satorstyle

Reaction score
Dude there are average to extremely wealthy folk on this forum, but no one has pinned their wealth on their sleeve like your post. It's getting a little ridiculous.

jtoddaz

Reaction score
Hey this reminds me of something. Does anyone know where to find a replacement hubcap for my "08 Phantom?"

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I added "flying in your own tailor who is 'idk' and 'new his stuff' to the list of "Expensive Things That Just Don't Make Sense" thread that was also started by TheDiesel. I bet he owns a Diesel watch.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
couldn't find a suit out of the 100 that you own?

Jferg4350

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Is somebody going to bring up the Seinfeld episode where Puddy forces Jerry to buy the rust-proof undercoating for his new car, or do I have to?

Is he charging a finders fee for the suit?

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
couldn't find a suit out of the 100 that you own?

Dude, read the post closely. He was on Vacay! C'mon. Stop asking stupid questions. Don't waste the OP's time. He's too important to have to waste his time with people like you!

Why do you think he flew in the tailor? Duh! C'mon!

EDIT: I'm being sarcastic.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 270 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.8%