1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Warning: ZMA and Boners

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MetroStyles, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I gotta agree with OP. Zma seems to cause me to have more frequent and stronger boners as well. while i wouldn't say i'm horny and boner prone all the time i have noticed a difference.

caveat: I do have a 75% mostly vegetarian diet...

Is a vegeterian diet supposed to decrease one's libido? Because I'm 100% vegetarian and my sex drive is kind of insane and honestly a bit of a problem.

2. Eason

Eason Senior member

Is a vegeterian diet supposed to decrease one's libido? Because I'm 100% vegetarian and my sex drive is kind of insane and honestly a bit of a problem.

That's just because you're a lecherous pervert.

3. West24

West24 Senior member

That's just because you're a lecherous pervert.

and gay.

4. Eason

Eason Senior member

FUCKING VEGETARIANS MAKE ME WANT TO PUKE MY GUTS OUT!

5. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

It could also be the Gingko I've been taking but I doubt that. I do notice when I am around white ppl I get fewer boners. Why must they be so bovine and ugly-faced!?! [​IMG]

6. kissinger's glasses

kissinger's glasses Member

7. javyn

javyn Senior member

Have you tried GABA Metro?

8. MetroStyles

Have you tried GABA Metro?

Five years ago, briefly. I think it increased my lifts but honestly the strange tingling sensation and shortness of breath that came 10 minutes after taking it, even though it is considered a normal side effect, was too weird for me.

Why do you ask?

9. javyn

javyn Senior member

Five years ago, briefly. I think it increased my lifts but honestly the strange tingling sensation and shortness of breath that came 10 minutes after taking it, even though it is considered a normal side effect, was too weird for me.

Why do you ask?

Just wondering. I started taking it recently to experiment w/ it a little bit and found it helps the quality of my sleep greatly.

10. MetroStyles

Just wondering. I started taking it recently to experiment w/ it a little bit and found it helps the quality of my sleep greatly.

Speaking of sleep, ZMA has not worked a promised and my sleep quality has been destroyed. Not that I am tired during the day but starting at about 4am I am constantly in a state of half sleep and keep waking up. It is really quite annoying.

11. javyn

javyn Senior member

I've actually read about that problem from many ZMA takers on several exercise related forums. Strange. Could you be waking up because your quality of sleep is so good you don't need to sleep anymore? I noticed that since taking magnesium, I often get up an hour or so earlier than I should, but once I shake off the grogginess I'm wide awake.

12. Kris

Kris Senior member

the absence of stress from not working combined with hot asian girls

That there would do it fer me.

13. tahonng

tahonng Senior member

I'm interested in this "side effect". I just hit 40, and my sex drive is down, I've been taking some trib, to not much result.

What brand do you use, metro?

14. Fat-Elvis

Fat-Elvis Senior member

Hey I've got a question. Is there any ingredient of ZMA, or anything about the combo, that could result in kidney stones? I ask because I got a real whopper last year, and it was after many months of taking ZMA (among other things, such as creatine). I have no idea what caused it, so I'm reluctant to take anything I was using last year, but I was a real fan of ZMA.

15. why

why Senior member

Hai guyz i took a tylenol and the next week i had a hangover do you think i hav cirrhosis from it?

16. javyn

javyn Senior member

Hey I've got a question. Is there any ingredient of ZMA, or anything about the combo, that could result in kidney stones? I ask because I got a real whopper last year, and it was after many months of taking ZMA (among other things, such as creatine). I have no idea what caused it, so I'm reluctant to take anything I was using last year, but I was a real fan of ZMA.

Zinc magnesium and b6? I don't think so. I'd look at the creatine before zma.

17. MetroStyles

tahonng,

I use the Vitamin Shoppe brand. I think I mention it somewhere else in this thread. Don't have it with me now but I think it is called MuscleTech or BodyTech or something.

Elvis,

I will definitely let other more knowledgeable posters answer your kidney stones question, but from hearsay it could be too much protein/creatine without enough water intake. Just something I heard a few times before.

18. MetroStyles

UPDATE:

It was the hot asians. No difference in boner when on or off ZMA in NYC. [​IMG]

19. milosz

milosz Senior member

I started taking ZMA when I had a cold I couldn't shake. Don't know about erection quality or even shaking the cold, but it did have a noticeable effect on load size.

Ran out, don't see any reason to get more right now.

20. dalej

dalej Senior member

going to have tyo give this a try.