Warning: ZMA and Boners

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MetroStyles, Jul 2, 2009.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i think it is best to not come off steroids ever.

2. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

FYI zinc will only boost your testosterone if you have low levels of testosterone due to zinc deficiency.

This is true. I understand why's skepticism - I really do. But what is useless for some is useful for others, and it has certainly worked for me. I also believe my hormone levels have changed because all three times I have tried ZMA, I have gotten acne. It has been without a doubt caused by the supplement - especially since I have gotten the same effect all three times and never else in my life.

Am I deficient in zinc? Maybe. Is it from working out a lot? Maybe. Point is, I eat well and take a multi, so if it could happen to me, it could happen to anyone. Might as well save some money, make home-assembled ZMA, and try it out for two months. Nothing to lose.

For the person asking for dosages:

Serving Size is 10.5mg B6, 450mg Mg, 30mg Z

But I get more than this because of my multi, which also contains these.

3. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

yellow fever brah.

but I know what you're talking about, sounds like men are just wired to go into raging estrus mode every now and then.

4. javyn

javyn Senior member

Metro,

I think it's likely one has zinc deficiency if one lives an active lifestyle, lifts weights, beats off, or has sex. I do all 4, so it definitely helps me. I used to be nuts about finding the most bioavailable one, but don't think that matters. My energy levels are highest when I'm taking the gluconate over the more expensive chelates. I haven't taken ZMA, but I have had Optizinc, and didn't care for it. ZMA just seems way too expensive for what it really is; zinc, magnesium, vitamin b6. The percentages on the label are elemental amounts of the mineral, so it doesn't matter if it's aspartae or gluconate or citrate, 100% is 100%. I don't care if my gluconate tablet has to contain more zinc than the aspartate tablet to hit that 100%.

I've experimented with a very large variety of supplements, and taken away ones that I didn't notice anything from. It got down to zinc and magnesium citrate being the two I notice benefit from and don't want to do without.

5. cincinnatus2

cincinnatus2 Member

I gotta agree with OP. Zma seems to cause me to have more frequent and stronger boners as well. while i wouldn't say i'm horny and boner prone all the time i have noticed a difference.

caveat: I do have a 75% mostly vegetarian diet...

6. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I gotta agree with OP. Zma seems to cause me to have more frequent and stronger boners as well. while i wouldn't say i'm horny and boner prone all the time i have noticed a difference.

caveat: I do have a 75% mostly vegetarian diet...

Is a vegeterian diet supposed to decrease one's libido? Because I'm 100% vegetarian and my sex drive is kind of insane and honestly a bit of a problem.

7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Is a vegeterian diet supposed to decrease one's libido? Because I'm 100% vegetarian and my sex drive is kind of insane and honestly a bit of a problem.

That's just because you're a lecherous pervert.

8. West24

West24 Senior member

That's just because you're a lecherous pervert.

and gay.

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

FUCKING VEGETARIANS MAKE ME WANT TO PUKE MY GUTS OUT!

10. MetroStyles

It could also be the Gingko I've been taking but I doubt that. I do notice when I am around white ppl I get fewer boners. Why must they be so bovine and ugly-faced!?! [​IMG]

11. kissinger's glasses

kissinger's glasses Member

12. javyn

javyn Senior member

Have you tried GABA Metro?

13. MetroStyles

Have you tried GABA Metro?

Five years ago, briefly. I think it increased my lifts but honestly the strange tingling sensation and shortness of breath that came 10 minutes after taking it, even though it is considered a normal side effect, was too weird for me.

Why do you ask?

14. javyn

javyn Senior member

Five years ago, briefly. I think it increased my lifts but honestly the strange tingling sensation and shortness of breath that came 10 minutes after taking it, even though it is considered a normal side effect, was too weird for me.

Why do you ask?

Just wondering. I started taking it recently to experiment w/ it a little bit and found it helps the quality of my sleep greatly.

15. MetroStyles

Just wondering. I started taking it recently to experiment w/ it a little bit and found it helps the quality of my sleep greatly.

Speaking of sleep, ZMA has not worked a promised and my sleep quality has been destroyed. Not that I am tired during the day but starting at about 4am I am constantly in a state of half sleep and keep waking up. It is really quite annoying.