1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Warmest lining for gloves

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by langdon, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Rob_Sutherland

Rob_Sutherland Senior member

If you were looking for a glove that was akin to an alpine ski glove but still look appropriate for city use, I would look no farther than Hestra (hestragloves.com). They do some nice peccary gloves lined in cashmere and fleece on the lighter side all the way up to full on all leather back-country guide gloves that are really ski gloves but are thin enough and so well made that they wouldn’t look out of place with a wool overcoat on a cold day. Much much warmer than any regular leather glove (lined with Gore-Tex and insulated with thinsulate).

They are the only glove (actually I wear their three fingered lobster mitt) I ever use when skiing and looking at them, I might get a pair of their peccary gloves for normal daytime use and save my Sermoneta gloves for nicer times.

2. dzlegac

dzlegac New Member

After doing some research I ordered leather lined with rabbit fur* and am hoping they will work much better than the others. From what I read when researching these, the longer rabbit fur is the warmest which is what I ordered. I can follow up once I have them.

Leather gloves with cashmere lining, knit cashmere gloves and Uggs shearling lined suede gloves which I've tried over the past three years since moving to Minnesota from So CA didn't work well when it got really cold. I will not try any of these again. I've also had the cashmere lining get moth holes in it so it meant reinvesting in gloves the next season.

*Just for what it's worth, in past years I've had two rabbit jackets. When the first wore out, I got another. THEY were warm and maybe topped only by a good heavy melton weight coat.

3. Tried and True

Tried and True Senior member

4. Joyful41

Joyful41 New Member

It's the same with me. Most of the time my cashmere lined leather gloves work great but those few times I'm out in subzero weather I reach for my Lands End gloves that keep my hands super warm.

5. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Have "System" gloves, Hard shell outer with heavy pile liners. These aren't really practical, gauntlet style and a lot of glove.

Have been a fan of "Hestra" last few yrs, both knits/leather & leather with fleece lining, good time to pick up on sale