• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Warmest gloves or mittens

Paragon

Reaction score
I am looking for the warmest gloves and or mittens.

I don't want to spend much more than $150. Are there any great options?

Thanks

frankster

Reaction score
Can you be a bit more specific? There are tons of options out there.
If you're looking for technical gloves/mitts, you can have a look here

I would not recommend any of those for city use though.

Paragon

Reaction score
I am (preferably) looking for a leather glove/mitten with a fur or shearling inside. It gets really cold here in the winter yet I want something that would fit with my leather winter coat.

Thanks again

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HEH! These are warm:

51F1N0HC9YL._SS500_.jpg

I accidentally ordered them to replace a pair of lost trigger mittens when I was in the army. They are meant to be worn over the wool trigger mitten insert and the fur is to help keep your cheeks warm.

Not stylish but warm.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers has some nice shearling gloves, and made in England. I will probably get these on their next sale.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lt_color=Black

FirstFrame.jpg

J.Crew as well, but probably not as nice.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...0588/10588.jsp

images_eiec_10_10588_10588_BR6526_tif_8edf0ba6452318cc.jpg

Originally Posted by Silverback
HEH! These are warm:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...YL._SS500_.jpg

I accidentally ordered them to replace a pair of lost trigger mittens when I was in the army. They are meant to be worn over the wool trigger mitten insert and the fur is to help keep your cheeks warm.

Not stylish but warm.

I was once told a story by an old bomber pilot that the fur was there for you to wipe your nose on - apparently it would not cut or scratch up your face when you were in freezing conditions. No idea if that's true or not, retired pilots are known to pull ones on the younger guys.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LL Bean Wicked Good shearling gloves. I just bought some, they are around $90. I also had some J Crew shearlings that I liked, but I lost them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads