• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Warm weather-friendly jeans

markr

Reaction score
I'm going to be spending this summer in Virginia, where it can get mighty hot and humid. As far as casual pants, I prefer jeans (typically Levis and <$100). I try to avoid khakis and chinos at all costs. Unfortunately, traditional denim jeans can get pretty uncomfortable when it's 90 degrees and 100% humidity. Wondering if anyone can point me to some lightweight jeans (or other khakis/chinos alternative) that might be more warm weather-friendly.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Babar

Reaction score
There's some Helmut Lang linen blends at yoox, but I have no experience with them myself. Once the price goes down further I'll probably pull the trigger on a pair

markr

Reaction score
Thanks for the linen blend suggestion. I also seem to remember a few years ago seeing what seemed like lightweight denim jeans. I could be making this up, or possibly they were linen blend and I didn't realize it. Does anyone know if there's such a thing as lightweight denim jeans?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by markr
Thanks for the linen blend suggestion. I also seem to remember a few years ago seeing what seemed like lightweight denim jeans. I could be making this up, or possibly they were linen blend and I didn't realize it. Does anyone know if there's such a thing as lightweight denim jeans?

Sure, you can get denim down to about 8 ounces. J.P. D'amage Rode Hards were this weight, of the more commonly available brands. Most of these are 2x1 denims, (although I think that the D'amages used a 3x1 RHT) and they are bordering on chambray. I think that 10 ounces is more common. The lighter weight Rag & Bones, pretty much any pair of Paper Denims or Earnest Sewns, are abut this weight. 14+ ounce denim is actually pretty rare except in repros, niche brands, and really cowboy jeans, yeehah.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
8oz denim! i'd like to see that.
rogans are also pretty lightweight from what i remember.

markr

Reaction score
Hey thanks guys. That's what I was looking for. I'll keep my eyes open for some PDC's on eBay.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sugarcane makes slub oxford pants. not sure of the price, but im sure xcoldricex could find out for you. they look effin amazing.

benchan

Reaction score
Uniqlo has some SUMMER LIGHT jeans out.

In my view, the colour of linen mix jeans look kind of ****** after a few washes.

ringring

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
8oz denim! i'd like to see that.
rogans are also pretty lightweight from what i remember.

Rogan has some cotton/linen and cotton/hemp jeans from his 'A Litl Bettr' collection that are very lightweight (9oz maybe?, I don't recall too well).

Light on fabric but very heavy on the wallet ($450-$690). Made in Japan, shuttle loomed, very limited edition. Not sure where, outside of the Franklin Street store in NYC, you will find them.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you can always do what i do here in florida. sweat. sweat helps with setting creases and fading. i just dont like pants other than jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads