• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Warm Wear Denim

brescd01

Reaction score
I was complaining to my wife how terrible denim is in the wet, in the cold, in the heat, and then she corrected me and told me that there are different weights of denim (which I did not know). Obviously I know nothing about denim so I ask the experts, what are some extremely lightweight jeans that might be comfortable in the muggy summer of the Northeast?

cloudhands69

Reaction score
the upcoming self edge x sugar cane is supposed to be a loosely woven "summer denim"

Studio27

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brescd01
I was complaining to my wife how terrible denim is in the wet, in the cold, in the heat, and then she corrected me and told me that there are different weights of denim (which I did not know). Obviously I know nothing about denim so I ask the experts
This was really funny because we often dog women's taste in men's fashion.
lol8[1].gif
but yeah, a light weight, loosely woven or slack-weave denim may be the best bet if you can find it. I'm not familiar with SEXSC yet but I'm interested in seeing how it'll turn out.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Screw raw denim, there's no substitute for destroyed jeans with huge tears in them. It's all about ventilation.

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
Engineered Garments has 8 oz weight denim. Probably the lightest I've seen. Though for me, summer time = chinos time.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lvc 501 33s are great summer jeans, even raw.

Missshopin

Reaction score
Where I live jeans are cut off for summer...It is way too hot for denim in the Sonoran desert. ...Hahaaa

seriously though when it is 120 degrees I will still wear any weight denim, I just tend to go from air conditioning to air conditioning really quick.

Will you be outside alot?
If you will, I would opt for a pair of khaki trousers.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Missshopin
Where I live jeans are cut off for summer...It is way too hot for denim in the Sonoran desert. ...Hahaaa

seriously though when it is 120 degrees I will still wear any weight denim, I just tend to go from air conditioning to air conditioning really quick.

Will you be outside alot?
If you will, I would opt for a pair of khaki trousers.

Damn, Sonoran desert is the second hottest place on earth, isn't it? Sonora bay is beautiful, though.

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Yup, we've actually designed a slim fitting jean for summer wear, which is what the SEXSC06 is.
13oz slack slub denim in a slim fit...

I'm already sweating wearing 10z wool pant. Maybe that's just me after having lived in the brutal North for years.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
G, PRPS, RAg and Bone , Citizens of humanity, Seven for all man Kind, Evisu, Agave, Notify, Meltin pot, Diesel, Chip and Pepper, Levi's, all make light weight 8 to 10oz jeans . if you aren't a repro whore I would try one of those with a pair of MJK boxer briefs your whole lower body will feel nice.

flyindarkness

Reaction score
where can we find the 8oz engineered garments jeans...
I looked everywhere...

brescd01

Reaction score
While I appreciate all the suggestions, I looked at each brand on affiliate's web sites and I could only find the Nudie Slim Fins. You are going to have to marsupial-proof this and provide me links. I prefer low rise by the way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads